Author Topic: Red eyes..Blurry vsion...  (Read 6112 times)

jeemje

Red eyes..Blurry vsion...
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »
Dear All

I've been dealing with dry eye for almost 4 years (since my 1st op in 2006), on August 2009 I've had my 2nd op. and since that my dry eye is numb and more likely easy to get red and blurry vision, i use eyedrops very often, I can finish 1 bottle 15ml for a week. I see the opthalmologist regularly every 6 months and they said my eyes are fine.

Does anyone here has  problem with red eyes and blurry eyes like I do?
Has anyone here have experience with dry eyes longer than mine, are your dry eyes still fine now? and how you are dealing with that?

Thanks ;)
left side AN 4+cm, 2nd surgery 18/08/09,left hear lost, facial paralysis and numbness

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
Re: Red eyes..Blurry vsion...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:10:48 am »
If you are using the multi-dose bottle kinds of drops now, have you tried switching to preservative-free single-use vials? That may help since the preservatives in the bottle kinds can be rough on your eye.
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:34:52 am »
do you have a eye lid weight ? its been a big help... I still dont leave the house without drops.. but its better....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

jeemje

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:53 pm »
I still cant find another drops with no preservaties that comfort with my eye, i'm still looking for that by trying another brands, i guess my eyes kind of sensitive, i dont use eye lid weight since the docs dont recomend it but the docs said that the corner of my eye need to be stitched to get my eye smaller so i can fully blink

thanks all :)
left side AN 4+cm, 2nd surgery 18/08/09,left hear lost, facial paralysis and numbness

Jeanlea

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:47 pm »
I also have problems with red eye from time to time.  I have no feeling in my eye and no normal blinking.  I've found that liquigel works well for me if I usse it every hour duirng the dry winter months.  If it gets redder, as it did today, I put in Refresh PM.  That seems to take care of it.  It's been 4 1/2 years for me now.  I did get the corner of my eye sewn, just a coulple of stitches along with having the lower eyelid lifted.  There's also a weight in my eye.  Together, all of it seems to be working for me.  And you can't really tell I've had all that eye work done by looking at me which is good too.  It seems each person has to find just the right drops for them.  If I switch to somehintg new my eye will get very red.  Today when my eye turned red I knew it because it was more blurry than normal even though I couldn't feel it.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:06:26 pm »
hi jeemje:  I use Refresh PM lubricant exclusively - drops & gel aren't strong enough.  Like others have said, I also have an upper eyelid weight.  I also use NITEYE, the Dry Eye Comforter, put out by Medtronic, it's a moisture chamber to keep my eye moist during the night & also protects the eye while sleeping since my eyelid doesn't close.
I'm glad your eye dr. says your eye is okay,  I myself am worried for my cornea becoming too dry which can lead to corneal ulcers.  Best wishes
Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

jeemje

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 02:07:20 am »

Dear all, finally i've got REFRESH PM liquigel, my sister brought it for me from USA..., my eye feels very comfortable..,hopefully i could find it in my country... thanx all for your great advice... ;)

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:50:26 am »
Happy to hear that it is working for you.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

mandy721

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:46 am »
Late to the post, but I am glad that the Refresh gel drops are helping.  My husband also has chronic eye problems related to his surgery, which took place 10 months ago. After trying many different drops, he finds the gel drops give him the most relief.  At night, he uses the ointment and seals the eye with Glad Wrap, as  the eyelid doesn't close when he is laying down.  The eye problem is a constant concern to make sure the cornea stays healthy.  By taking good care and making sure that the eye it is well lubricated, his eye has stayed in good shape.  It bothers him all the time though and it is one of the most difficult things to adjust to.
Miranda

Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:10 am »
for long term use, they have too be preservative free, otherwise they will irriate the eye.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 09:11:02 pm »
Corey:  the danger with red eye & AN is if it's 'burning' - could be a sign of dry cornea,  nothing to play around with since it can lead to corneal ulcer.
Best to get it checked out with you ophthalmologist....
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

mandy721

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 02:09:20 pm »
for long term use, they have too be preservative free, otherwise they will irriate the eye.
Does anyone know if there are preservative free drops that come in bottles?  Ken doesn't like the vials; he worries
that he will poke the eye. 
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

Cheryl R

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 03:39:30 pm »
I have used the ones with preservatives for my many years now and never had any problem.     I always do the bottles and and as have said here have good luck with the Refresh Liquigel.    I think it is trial and error for everyone.       I get the smaller size bottle at Walmart as Target only has the bigger bottle.      We have none  of some of the drugstores that many places do.    CVS or Rite-aid.                                               Cheryl r
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care