Author Topic: Now, even more confused ... and in tears....  (Read 44020 times)

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

Re: Now, even more confused ... and in tears....
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:21 pm »
FYI... spoke to my cheeky bloke this am..... asked if he would join here (create a profile) so he can keep you all updated during treatment week for me..... I think he will. :)

I resemble that remark ;D

Waves Hi to everyone  :)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2006, 02:16:19 pm »
kewl! Looks who's here!  :P :-*

Update:

Ok, got to BI at 6:30am.  oy.  Anyway, proceed to MRI.  Nice folks BUT.... the earplugs they give me are little, yellow foam plugs to fit inside outter ear (like baggage handlers outside on airport tarmac). Did it fit my ears well, especially my AN ear?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!  So, the *BANG-BANG-TAP-TAP-TAP-BANG-BANG* of the magnet was FAR from quiet! Oy. After that, I have to kill 1-1/2 hrs, so go for coffee/muffin/check in with office.

Head upstairs to CK Planning meeting. Meet with Oncol Nurse and Radio-oncologist.  A LOT of info to absorb.  Prescriptions to be prescribed for this, Risks discussed that... waiver forms signed, my questions answered on the procedure itself. I felt soooooooo well armed and informed and I have to thank you all for ALL of your inputs, suggestions, etc... I actually sounded SMART in there!  Was given a folder of info I need to read and absorb. Will do that tonight so I fully understand.

Then, I get my mesh/mask made!  Bob, the tech, was so kewl!  :D  We spoke of London, travels, if he could give me a nose job via the mask. I have to say the mask is claustrophobic, but I kept thinking of my last trip to London to see my bloke and his family... it certainly did help to take my mind elsewhere to another place.

Then, Bob brings me down to CT. I have to wear the mask while having the CT scan done.  No biggie.

So, all in all, I spent 6 hrs there this morning and now at work. All the coffee in the world is not going to help me today and those that offered See's lolly's... I'll take 'em! :)

So, thanks for the thoughts and wishes.... a mental relief that today is over... now 1-1/2 wks to go.

BTW, the oncol nurse is getting my dr's note for work.  I told her what my boss said... can't wait to have her fax it to me.. My interest is piqued as to what it will say! :D

xoxoxoxo
Phyl
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:25:43 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kilroy1976

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2006, 02:42:24 pm »
Congrats Pearl; welcome to the wonderful world of radiation!

Did your folder have a "so you're going to die" pamphlet? Mine did. It was a pamphlet for cancer patients who were about to take their first shot from a radioactive blunderbuss. It didn't have much to do with radiosurgery, and it's a good thing I knew that before I read it.

That's hilarious (in a sick sort of way) that your boss is going to be getting a permission slip from oncology. I bet once he gets it he'll feel bad for asking.

What scripts are they giving you if you don't mind? I was under the impression that the CK is more or less painless? Headache medicine?

Best wishes!
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2006, 02:51:41 pm »
Hey Kilroy!

Nope, didn't get the "you're going to die" pamplet, BUT, I did get a free week of parking at the hospital pass!  WOOT for me! :)  There was info for living will and health care proxy, but my atty already has all of that on file (I got the copies), so I think I'm all set.

Meds are for tumor/nerve swelling (Decadron, min Rx strength/dose), anxiety during treatment drugs (gotta love the Atavan!) and ...dang, what was it?  Memory loss... gawd, I hate that!  >:(  Will check the prescriptions when I get home.  CK is painless... it's the risks and after affects they want to keep in line, nothing more.  All med are short term and as I told them today, I am actually ready to rock and roll and get this overwith!  Time to move on and plan my trip to UK/France to see my dude! 

Oh, btw, I got to go to the CK clinic and see the machine (no one was having a treatment when I was there during lunch hour). OMG! This thing is fabulous!  Modern medical technology at it's best (for today's standards... lord only knows 20 yrs from now).

Thanks again for the wishes...  I'll take chocolate about now as well. :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2006, 03:26:08 pm »
On ya Phyl,

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2006, 03:29:54 pm »
Hello land-down-unda!  Thanks!  Have a great day at work!

Cheers! :)

On ya Phyl,

Laz

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2006, 03:49:34 pm »
Gidday Phyl,

Pleased that your day wasn't too bad and looking forward to sharing your real inner thoughts through the cheeky bloke!!!!!

I'm already having a great day at the office - Got to work at 8.10am, made myself a cappacinno (packet jobie - they are pretty good), logged in and straight onto this site. been on it for 30 minutes but need to do some work now coz have a mtg shortly that i am running so better be prepared for it - booooooorrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggg. Would rather spend my day trying to catch up to your posts quantity. I think when you hit 1000 posts you get a free cyber choccie - whoops, don't mention the choccies!

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2006, 03:52:00 pm »
We all have to behave now Phyl's cheeky bloke is in the house....

Welcome aboard cheeky bloke..got any cheeky bloke male single friends??? ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:03 pm »
batty, no you don't and yes, he does! :) :P

Hey Laz! What a day you are having as well.  I'm exhausted (mentally) from this morning and now I get to draft a training manual. You and I are the lucky one's, eh? :)

Phyl

We all have to behave now Phyl's cheeky bloke is in the house....

Welcome aboard cheeky bloke..got any cheeky bloke male single friends??? ;D

Battyp

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2006, 04:09:18 pm »
It's a bad day in the sharpe household haven't even made it to work in two days and tomorrow isn't looking too good either  :(

matti

« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2006, 05:46:57 pm »
Screw the diet...I am sending batty and Phyl some much needed, stress relieving cyber chocolates and a big hug...

Hello Phyl 's Cheeky Bloke and welcome....Hope you know what you're in for  ;)

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2006, 06:10:53 pm »
Thanks Matti!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2006, 12:24:53 pm »
matti, you are too kewl for words! Thanks darlin'! :)

Ok, I'm stressed (as the cheeky dude will tell you)... batty-one needs a bit of support in light of a couple of crappy days... some folks here are having a difficult time with recent diagnosis and set backs....

is it full moon?  Sure feels like it. :-X

Battyp

« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2006, 12:40:14 pm »
They are now trying to track down one of the doctors we were referred to on vacation to see if he'll treat or if I need to go elsewhere.  Why is it nothing is ever easy?? 

Phyl lets go do some shots and get crazy! Maybe blow up a full moon or shoot a few moons if we have to in order to make things cosmically correct again   :-*

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2006, 12:46:28 pm »
batty, I say we run nekked and amock in the threads here, chanting mantras for good health to all and lighting candles of inner peace.....

....or, heck... let's just binge on chocolate!  Yep, sounds good to me!

(shhhhhhhhh... cheeky bloke is eating his dinner now... pasta and triple/chocolate ice cream... maybe we should get him on our diet as well.... shhhhhhhhhhhhh)