Author Topic: Swam today without drinking 1/2 the pool!  (Read 3380 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Swam today without drinking 1/2 the pool!
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »
I don't know if this means small improvements in my mouth but I could swim today and keep my lips closed tight enough to keep from drinking the pool dry like I use to. What do most of you do for your eye-goggles I guess?
Crookedsmile

LADavid

Re: Swam today without drinking 1/2 the pool!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:44:40 pm »
Angie
Good news! Are you getting movement in your face now?

I went swimming once and I wore goggles.  Had no problem except for a little disorientation under water.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jeanlea

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 03:50:39 pm »
Crookedsmile, that is great!  One more stepping stone on the road to being back to normal.

David, you actually went underwater with your goggles?  I've always been afraid to do that.  The closest I got to that was a quick dunk at a water park.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 05:47:31 pm »
Yeah, got movement but this darn synkinesis is driving me NUTS! I get botox in my neck, chin and eyebrow next month. They are very reserved with my exercises right now because she said that if we start exercise before botox then I would not only strengthen the target (good muscles that we want to move) but would also strengthen the synkinesis SO she said be patient with the cheek/smile exercises until August when we botox the unwanted movements! Makes sense to me! I would post a picture of the synkinesis but not sure how!
crookedsmile

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »
Great milestone, Crookedsmile!

Here are my handy dandy picture posting instructions.  It's easier than you think!

go to http://photobucket.com and sign up - it's free.

Once you move your photos to photobucket, it's easy to copy the image.  Look for a series of boxes under each photo that say "email & IM", "direct link", "HTML code" and "IMG code"  Position your mouse on IMG code and left click.  A yellow box that says "copied" will appear. 

Next go to the forum and create a new subject.  In the text of the post, just right click with your mouse and chose "paste".

You will see a set of brackets with the letters IMG in them and the address of your photobucket photo inserted between the brackets.

If you have numerous photos to post, just copy and paste each IMG code.

If you want to check and make sure your image(s) copied correctly, just "preview" your message before you hit "post" and you should see your photo in the preview box.

Good luck,

Jan

PS - if you don't want your pictures to be large, you can resize them in photobucket and make them smaller.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 11:03:20 pm »
lucky you ... I can't swim with my head under water...feels like my head is in a vise and I get a head ache ...dog paddling with face up is no good ...starts a neck pain to head pain cycle ... but I can swim forever (or at least an hour) on my back ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery