Author Topic: Things to do while in LA for the Symposium  (Read 3034 times)

sidecar Kathy

Things to do while in LA for the Symposium
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »
Hey All,
I haven't posted on here in a while.  Looking forward to going to the Symposium and meeting other Aner's.  I need some advice from the CA people to give me some ideas on the main sights to see while visiting in LA.  Not going home till Tuesday the 13th so I will have all day Monday to explore plus other down time that we will have.  Any suggestions??? 
Thanks,
Kathy Rhoades
Bonaire, GA
TransLab March 14th, 2013

mandy721

Re: Things to do while in LA for the Symposium
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:42 pm »
Hi Kathy,
There are lots of fun things to do.  I grew up in LA, but haven't been there in a few years.  Ken and I are going to the Symposium and spending a few extra days to visit friends and family and see some of the city.  Some of the places I love are Farmers Market, LACMA (LA County Art Museum), the La Brea Tar Pits.  Beverly Hills is a hop, skip and jump from Century City.  The beach is another favorite spot. If you aren't driving, cabs or the bus, can get you most places.   Time Out LA has a list of suggested things to do [url]http://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/features/48/20-great-things-to-do-in-los-angeles/url]
If you have any questions, shoot me a PM. 
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

LADavid

Re: Things to do while in LA for the Symposium
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
While I don't think they offer tours,  Fox Studios where they shot House, NYPD Blue, The XFiles, Chicago Hope, The Sound of Music and more, is just around the corner from  the hotel.  Rodeo Drive is about a mile from the hotel.  The Santa Monica Pier is about 5 miles west of the hotel.  And unless you're really interested in looking at stars on a sidewalk or want to see the Dolby Theater where they hold the Academy Awards, skip Hollywood.  It's starting its rebirth but it just isn't there yet.  Also, across from the hotel are some of the biggest talent agencies in the world.  And, the swimming pool at the Plaza is one of the best in LA.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments