Author Topic: This Week 5/02/10 in the AN World  (Read 2598 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 5/02/10 in the AN World
« on: May 02, 2010, 02:49:17 pm »
More great news regarding MRI results.

Debbi’s (Debbi) MRI results are “blob-free”.
Kathy (TaylorsMom) has posted that Taylor’s MRI shows no change.
Dave’s (DHJ) MRI shows no growth.
Kris’s (ksiwek) MRI reveals little change.
Lisa (28Lisa), and Brian’s (briansmome) MRI results show shrinkage.

Congratulations everyone!!

This week:

Monday Vivian (Vivian B) is going for an MRI.  Vivian we hope your TOG experience goes well, and that the results you receive on Wednesday reveal no growth.

Wednesday is Sue’s (vogstar5) BAHA Gotcha Day.  We hope you have a great day Sue, and thoroughly enjoy your BAHA.

Saturday Brian (Pooter) one of our cherished Hero Members celebrates 2 year since his AN surgery. Congratulations Brian!

We hope everyone recovering continue to improve each day.

SUNDAY May 9, 2010 is MOTHER’S DAY

Have a great week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 5/02/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 03:12:55 pm »
Thanks, Rich.  Good job, as always.

Congratulations to Debbi, Kathy, Dave, Chris and Lisa on their excellent MRI reports!  :)  I trust that Vivian's MRI will have equally positive (no-growth) results.

Congratulations to Sue as she closes in on her BAHA 'Gotcha' Day (5/5).  I know this will make a positive difference for her.

Happy second ANniversary to my cohort, Brian and of course, a Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's on our roster.  I'm sure a great week lies ahead for all of us.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »
Happy 2nd ANniversary B!
 And congratulations to all who had such excellent MRI results....I know what a load of your minds the good news is. Thank you Rich for your updates!

Erin

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 05:12:18 pm »
Thanks for posting it Rich, and thanks to Erin and Jim...  I appreciate is so much.

Congratulations to Debbi, Kathy, Dave, Chris and Lisa for the MRI results!  I'm confident Vivian won't have anything negative to report either..

I'm interested in your thoughts when you get your BAHA, Sue...

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

grega

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:27:11 am »
Thanks for the update, Rich!
Congrats to all those with great MRI reports .... must be livin right!

Best wishes to you, Vivian, for a calm MRI.
Have fun tomorrow Sue, with your baha.
Brian, hope you're able to truly enjoy the next 2 yrs!

And to all ..... May the fourth be with you!

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

Keri

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »
haha, greg! and congrats on your BAHA surgery! (i'm just catching up on 3 weeks of reading).

Thank you, Rich, again for the faithful and informative posts. I'm now reading posts from mid/ late April and this week's. I just havne't been around too much lately, but have been wondering how everyone is doing. Now that I'm sitting at O'hare for 3 hours, I'm trying to catch up (i better watch the time; don't want to miss my flight).
Scarlett - happy one year and i do hope and pray that your headaches are better (i know that  your one year was posted a week or two ago).
Sorry I'm so late!

I hope everyone on here has a successful surgery, treatment or recovery. That sounds so vague, and like a 'blanket' of well wishes, but it is not that way. I'm just afraid my battery's going to go soon!

Have a good week everyone. It's good to be back and seeing how everyone is doing.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!