Author Topic: CK date set at BIDMC  (Read 6620 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: CK date set at BIDMC
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 06:42:32 am »
Phyl, that's a scholarly observation on your part.  And don't forget the adjective form, "wonkyheaded." And the adverb form, "wonkyheadedly," as in "He wonkeyheadedly headed for the head, when wonk!, he hit his head and instantly became more wonkyheaded." ;D

TW

LOL! I got wonkyheaded just reading that! :)

Ok, back on topic *slaps self for the hijack*
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:14 am »
more wonkyheaded.

Wonkyheadeder.  ;D

And best wishes next Wednesday for CK!

Steve
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:01:48 am by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

NE Farmwife

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 09:57:06 pm »
I had my CK at Stanford in January.  I felt great the whole week that we were there.  We were from out of state and we spent our spare time seeing the sights in San Francisco.  I felt fine the whole trip.  We hadn't been to California before and we had a great time.  My AN or CK treatments didn't slow me down a bit.  Wish you well on your treatment!
Diagnosed 11/11/2008   2.2 cm
CK at Stanford 01/12/2008
Facial numbness, hearing loss, lack of taste and tinnitis

foodsmarts

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 12:30:04 pm »
Hi. I'm looking for a good definition of wonky headedness and from what I see in this string, somebody captured it pretty well. I can't find
it on this message board. Could somebody steer me in the right direction?

Thanks, Helen
5.4mm X 3.2mm X 3.88 mm at diagnosis 8/28/08; 1.1 cm X .5 cm 6/16/09; CK Stanford Drs. Chang and Soltys 8/19/09

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:15:01 pm »
Hi Helen,

"wonky head" is a term coined here by a user, Captn Deb (you may see the pirate talk around here... she's our fearless leader on our own ANA forum Pirate ship, the "PBW").  Anyway, quite a while back, Deb came up with the term as many of us have had similar description in how our heads on occassion get dizzy but also have a "disconnect" feel (much like taking cold medicines). So, what everyone here has noted does fall in line with "wonky head" but there is (to my knowledge) no medical terminology for it (although, my neuro-onc, did tell me one day a medical term for it, but not sure it applies.. and can't remember what he told me).

Hope that helps.

Back to topic:  I spoke on the phone to hevreh last night... he just stopped taking the "Decacrap" (decadron) which totally wiped him (ie: insomnia, etc).  He sounded good and did well with the CK... so, now he's an official "toastie postie" and sending wellness wishes his way! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"