Author Topic: 5 years post-op today!  (Read 1816 times)

Pembo

5 years post-op today!
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:34 am »
June 3, 2004 was my 20 hour surgery. I was in surgery for 20 hours and in the hospital for 16 days. My last MRI was in December and it my brain was unremarkable.  I still have facial issues and the occasional headache but for the most part life is new normal. After surgery I heard from so many people here on these boards that recovery takes time, be patient, and things will get better. I can honestly say that they were right. I'm still seeing facial recovery, I'm still being patient (except not so much with people who complain about petty things) and things did get better.

To all those who are new to the AN Journey, welcome to our unique part of the world that none of us chose but will forever change us.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 5 years post-op today!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:09:54 am »
Pembo! Great to see you! :)  :-*  Been a while and tickled you have shared your update with everyone!  glad to hear that December's MRI was unremarkable and you KNOW I send continued wellness wishes your way!

Don't be such a stranger! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:30:24 pm »
Hi, Pembo!

Congratulations on your progress and your 'clear' MRI - and thanks for the good advice to other post-op AN patients.  Please 'visit' us more often.  You are missed.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »
Hello Pembo,
Glad to hear that your MRI was clean! Lovely news! Hope all of our MRI's will be clean in the future. It's a big gift everytime I suppose. I will have my first MRI after surgery in August. Hope it will be clean too.

All the best to you from Helene in Sweden  :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK