Author Topic: MRI coming up + inceased balance probs,dizzyness and memory issues  (Read 1592 times)

tatianne

Hi all,
I havent been around in a while, i was trying very hard to just live life without this AN being a focus....
Im still under wait and watch, my six month mri showed growth of about 1.5mm but my docs still decided to wait another year because my AN is small and they felt there is always a possibility for it to stop growing (wouldnt that be fabulous ???!!!!!!!!)
MRI is on January 8 and Ive been feeling more stressed as the date approaches...all the questions, has it grown ??? Will they find another one on the other side ?? Will they see something else ?? Does any one else experience these same worries ??
Also I feel like my balance is getting worse, anyone have any suggestions on improving balance, is there anything I can do ??
I find my memory sucks, I forget words sometimes and my brain feels foggy....could that be from the AN ?? Im only 31 and this is freaking me out.
Hope everyone is well, and that there ANs stop growing and die all on their own..(doesnt hurt to ask)...
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: MRI coming up + inceased balance probs,dizzyness and memory issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:17 am »
hello tatianne,
  We all have worries that our AN may get larger.  Even after treatment, we worry about the *&^%$% thing returning or getting bigger.  The uncertainty is one of the unsettling things about AN. 
  Cadaver studies have shown that many people were walking around with an AN and will lived their whole life and never knew that they had an AN.  Either they had few or no symptoms, or undiagnosed symptoms.  So it is entirely possible that you may be able to stay on watch and wait for a long time.  My guess is that some ANs pinch off their blood supply as they grow, and then fail to grow any further.
  Best of luck with your next MRI. 
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:14:21 am »
Hi Tatianne! And welcome back. Sounds like you are suffering from some stress.  You need to take a yoga class from Miss Arushi! Stress can cause memory probs and brain fog. Any kind of exercise is a stress-buster--walking, yoga,--put the kids to bed and pop in an exercise DVD 4 times a week. Yoga or Pilates. Will do wonders for your balance, too.  Also eating healthy foods can help-lots of fresh fruits and veggies and avoiding the fast foods. It's all about Positive Acivity--it squashes negative thinking.

It's hard not to be worried about an upcoming MRI--we all do it. Try to stay in the moment and remember to take things momemt by moment and one day at a time. Just get through each day.

Now, if I could just follow my own advice..........!

Remember we are here for you!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 01:58:51 pm »
I sure hope your MRI shows "no growth" I just had a MRI done 2 weeks ago and it showed no growth since Sept. (my last MRI). I am only 30 years old so I can understand your frustration, however age doesnt matter. Were all scared. Please keep us posted after your MRI. I go in for CK treatment next month. I will let everybody know how that goes.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012