Author Topic: Rucurrence  (Read 2528 times)

kbh1950

Rucurrence
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:05:28 pm »
I had a 2mm. AN removed in 2000, but in the past few weeks have expreienced symptoms that concern me.  I am having pain in my ear, side of mouth and side of tongue.  Has anyone had this problem, or a rucurrence of tumor?
Thanks,
Kay Hayes

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Rucurrence
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 12:19:22 am »
Kay,

I had an an return after 3 years following middle fossa surgery. I suggest you get yourself an MRI (with contrast) just to make sure. It could be anything, even an infection. My returning AN didn't cause me any pain - discovered it through regular MRI's.

laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 06:42:21 am »
Kay: my regrowth did not apparently cause me any pain, it was just found by MRI done to rule out another problem
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

LCT

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:11:10 am »
My tumor has regrown after 10 years.  I had MRI's every year for 5 years following surgery.  Then every year and a half to two years after that.  Only last year did we find the regrowth.  I am waiting and monitoring it now.  Go get a MRI to put yourself at ease.