Author Topic: Need Help Deciding - Experiences please!  (Read 14332 times)

kenneth_k

Re: Need Help Deciding - Experiences please!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 11:28:58 am »
Good luck with surgery.

Best regards, Kenneth

justducky

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 11:35:15 am »
Thanks..... please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Husband with AN 2.1 x 1.2 cm right ear. Had translab surgery 2/9/11. Recovering nicely. No facial nerve damage.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »
I had translab 3/24/10. My hearing was pretty bad in my right ear, so it was not much of a loss. It was a very direct approach to my tumor, and my doctor told me before the surgery that my face would be okay...it works just great...I made sure it was working following the surgery...as you wake up, you start throwing up, and I found out I could aim the vomit. I got a BAHA at the same time. Works just great. I went to PT for about 2 months. I still have some problem with being disoriented in space, but over all, considering everything, I had a great out come.

Most of us have some type of disability. Mine is minor. I made my mind up that what ever happened to me, I would not let it impair my life. I'll give you an example...I am a weight lifter, and some days my shoulders are sore, so I just work around them. I don't let that stop me from from working out. I just don't work shoulders that day. I can't run anymore because I get disoriented, so I use an ellipitical to run on so I can hold on with my hands. Don't let this distract you from having a great life. If you have any problem, just work around it. Don't let it get you down.

I went back and forth about surgery/radiation. Glad I had the surgery. Good luck to you. By the way, I worked out today...no sore shoulders...feel pretty darn good!

justducky

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »
James, It's great to hear about a good outcome. How large was your tumor?
Husband with AN 2.1 x 1.2 cm right ear. Had translab surgery 2/9/11. Recovering nicely. No facial nerve damage.

Kell

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »
I had retrosigmoid approach at duke in june2011 and my scar looked just like Jans .... But hardly visible ow with my hair grown out over it!