Author Topic: ANA's Symposium  (Read 1812 times)

momof2

ANA's Symposium
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:23:55 pm »
   I'm day 41 since my surgery and I'm doing really well.  I had my surgery at the HEI clinic.  I LOVED being at the Seton Hall it really helped me out emotionally being around others like myself.  I really want to go to the Symposium in PA,  but I have 2 small children so its a big deal to arrange child care and all.  Can anyone tell me why it would be a good idea for me to go and what I could get out of it.  Thanks   Lana   

Battyp

Re: ANA's Symposium
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:37:42 pm »
I missed the last one in Orlando as it happened right before I was diagnosed.  I do know a guy who went so maybe he can help you.  He's the support coordinator for orlando dennis m.  I'll see if I can find his email address for you.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:37:18 am »
Hi Lana and welcome.

It may be too early to answer this question as it sounds like the ANA is still working guest speakers and such. It was mentioned in their June newsletter and the hotel in Philadelphia where it will be held, but no further info available right now.  I know some of us are planning on going (G-d help the hotel since Capt'n Deb and I are talking about sharing a room!) so I know some of us will be there. For me, it's worth going since the ANA is so supportive of all of us.  I'm also curious about what will be featured, but for all they do for us, I think it's a great way to support them (besides my membership to the ANA).

Just my thoughts. Hang in there and thrilled you are doing well post-surgery! Hang tough!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:25 am »
I have went to the last 2 symposiums mostly due to where they were held.    They are very good if one is pre treatment as all the treatment forms are discussed.       One can get some info if you are post treatment but the best benefit is just meeting the other ANers.            I was found to be NF2 in between the ones I went to and was very glad to get the opportunity to go to  a session on that from a HEI doctor.      Kind of good to hear what they were saying was the same as what my neurotologist is saying.                 They have general sessions and then mini sessions so you choose which topic to go hear about so can make it pertinent for your own situitation.    I have been impressed that it all seems to be well organized.               I doubt I go to the Philly one but am not sure yet.   Depends if that is how want to spend our vacation.
This years vacation soon will be going to Michigan to visit our daughter and go up to Mackinac Island.
                                               Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care