Author Topic: thanks  (Read 3073 times)

tomano

thanks
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »
Hi all,
I was diagnosed with a 12mm AN on the left side last August when I had an MRI after an injury-caused stroke. For a few years now, I've had vague symptoms such as dizziness and lose of balance, which makes surfing a little more challenging. My hearing is fine.
Anyway, I met my neurosurgeon last week at UCSF and from reading the posts on this site, I wasn't overwhelmed by all the information and choices. I was leaning towards the Middle Fossa approach and the Dr. seemed to recommend that as well.
My surgery date is set for May 17th, so I have a few months to try and not think about it.
So thanks to everyone!

cookiesecond

Re: thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:23:56 pm »
After I made my decision, I felt a lot better.I hope you will too! I had translab 8-2-05 because I had already lost most of my hearing on my an side.
You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I pray God will bless the doctor's with wisdom and you and your family with peace. Keep us posted.
Take care,
Lynn

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:24:37 am »
hi and welcome! :)

Have faith in your choice, you are going with your gut and we'll be cheering you on!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 06:05:58 pm »
Hi tomano - I remember the peace after the decision was made and the date set.

Best of luck to you,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

IAHeel

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:00:40 pm »
Best of luck!

Fred

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:22:53 pm »
All the best to you!
Surfing eh?  I'm near the ocean but can't surf...can't pass a drunk test either  LOL

M