Author Topic: What side is your AN on? Which way do you lean when off balance?  (Read 3570 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
What side is your AN on? Which way do you lean when off balance?
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:26:44 am »
My AN is on my right side and so I mostly notice when I have balance issues that I lean to that side. Well today I have been walking around and I have been going to the left???? :o
Which way do you swagger?
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
Re: What side is your AN on? Which way do you lean when off balance?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:55:17 pm »
I don't really swagger anymore unless I'm multi-tasking....i.e. looking behind me while walking and talking to someone. I do notice on my Wii Fit, that it says my balance leans more towards the left. When I first started getting out and driving after surgery, I tended to go towards the right.

So, in other words, I'm absolutely NO help to you whats so ever!  ;)

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

goinbatty

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:58 pm »
Mine'ss on the right and in thinking about it, I seem to sway to the right when it happens when I'm walking.  If I'm standing still and it happens, it's a toss up. 
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:27:18 pm »
Mine is on the left and I am ALWAYS bashing the left side of my body.  It seems like doorknob, door jams, corner of coffee table, end tables and kitchen cupboards just seem to jump put and attack the left side of my body.  I bashed the outside of my knee three weeks ago on the coffee table and should see my bruise.  The bone is still very tender to touch. 

Sometimes I am so black, blue, purple, green and yellow from different stages of bruises I just tell my family Louie has been beating me again  ::)  Oh I know I'm sooooooo bad, but I can't help it.  Thank goodness my friends and family know better  ::)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 11:24:57 pm »
My AN is left side, and the only thing I notice is that I bump into the door jamb more often when turning to the right to go through one. I have no idea what that means.  ???

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:54:51 am »
My AN is left side, and the only thing I notice is that I bump into the door jamb more often when turning to the right to go through one. I have no idea what that means.  ???

Steve

I hope this isn't considered plagarism (did I spell that right??), but my answer is the same as Steve's.

However, I do notice that my balance "swifts" from side to side when I'm tired and walking the drunken sailor walk.   You too, Steve?

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:56:50 am »
LOL yes I understand the whole door jam thing. I do the same..... ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 10:32:34 am »
Mine is on the right and I more often bump into things on the right. But as I think about it, people walk on the right in this country possibly making it more probable to hit things on the right? I KNOW I stagger like a drunken sailor, too. Thank goodness for our Good Morning Thread!  :D

Mary  8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Pascale

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 03:49:05 pm »
I'm a right girl! "I'm always RIGHT!!"  ;D (kidding)

but yeah, I do loose my balance and fall to the right. Adn I also feel like my right foot is less "dependable" then my left. ::) Gotta have somthing to do about the AN.

;)
2.1 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm AN.
CyberKnife treatment completed on 09/12/2008 with Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs at Stanford.

:D

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:18:24 pm »
My AN side is my right side. When I'm doing my vestibular exercises, my left side is challenged more than my AN side. Balancing on my left leg is more challenging than balancing on my right leg, especially with my eyes closed.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.