Author Topic: FSR Support forum  (Read 2215 times)

mema

FSR Support forum
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:50:17 am »
I've just found the cyberknife support forum.  Does anyone know if there is a forum like that for FSR patients.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: FSR Support forum
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:37:40 pm »
hey mema,

I did a google search for support groups, based on Novalis (mfr of FSR machines) and on radiotherapies.... most found are specific to treatment facility locations (ie: Brigham Woman's in Boston offers FSR and has a brain tumor support group through their in house brain tumor clinic..... ) or specific to treatment type (ie: cancers, etc).  I didn't find anything specific to FSR but maybe check the facilty of treatment to see if they offer a support group?

Also, the ANA has many support groups to check out... you can go to the home page on the site here (www.anausa.org) and check under "support" to see if there is one local to you.  I found in attending our local support group meeting, many that had all forms of AN treatments were there and great to converse face to face.

Maybe someone else here knows of FSR support sites/groups... hoping someone chimes in with something better than what I shared.

Huggles!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"