Author Topic: large acoustic neuroma  (Read 3323 times)

vineet

large acoustic neuroma
« on: June 02, 2005, 11:01:45 pm »
My name is Vineet, I have just joined this group as need some urgent help. I had a history of acoustic neuroma. Mine was pretty large when it was diagonosed first. It was debulked and then some radiosurgery was performed. tumor was stabilised for five years but My most recent MRI shows some acoustic neuroma (4 cm) having edema with mild hydrocephalous which is pushing fourth ventricle and my brain stem. My symptoms of increased intracranial pressure just appeared in few days. My Doctor has given me some steroid with the hope to control the inflamation and would be doing the syrgery pretty soon. I need every bodys assistance in deciding where to find the best doctor in united states. I currently stay in Kansas city and am seeing kansas city neurosurgery group. Is there any one who knows about them or can suggest any other alternative avenues.
I will be really thankful to you.
I know some of  you can understand the pretreatment dilemma of having surgery from the best people.

regards
Vineet

Raydean

Re: large acoustic neuroma
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 03:31:53 pm »
Please consider contacting  The House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles. California.  as soon as possible. Many of us consider The House to be a premier place of excellence.  With the problems that you listed, they'd be a great starting place.

Please keep us informed
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Russ

Re: large acoustic neuroma
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
Hi Vinett!
  As Raydean mentioned, House Ear Institute is considered by most to be the premier treating facility in the USA. It's in Los Angeles, California.
  However; If you cannot or do not wish to travel by air, Dr Bruce Gantz at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa is well qualified to address your situation. It sounds as though you need attention soon!!
  Another place within driving distance is The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. They see pts. from all over the world.
  Do you know how to do a web search for contact information re: HEI, UIHC, and MC?
  Russ  ( in Iowa )