Author Topic: Ear Bruised?  (Read 1632 times)

InnerGrace

Ear Bruised?
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »
Ok.  I didn't know what category to put this in so I guess this is just as good as any...lol  I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow.  I understand that it takes heaps and heaps of time to heal from such a major surgery, however, certain things are creeping up on me and it's just got me wondering what the heck.  I'm a borderline hypochondriac...(lol?) and worry wart.  I think this may have been here all along but haven't noticed as my AN side has been so numb since surgery.  Well, some of that is coming back and I have this odd bruised feeling on my ear..(not in my ear canal)...it would be on the inner upper portion (like right below where you would get your cartilage pierced)... I don't feel the "bruising" (if that is what I'm feeling), unless I'm pushing up on my cheek..(which I do often for massaging my paralysis side)... that action makes me feel the "bruising"... or if I grab the top lob of my ear and pull back (which isn't a normal thing I do...lol.. but...) I also feel it.  Just wondering if this sounds like just everything still healing and getting back on track.... I let my mind wonder in all sorts of directions and than that just gives me anxiety....   I keep thinking they sutured me back up "wrong".... stretched my skin too tight.. .all these crazy things.  Anyone else have this feeling during healing???

~Laura the Hypochondriac....
Diagnosed 4/28/2016
2.4 x 2.0 x 1.9 cm AN
Symptoms:  Mild Hearing Loss, Mild Tinnitus, Mild Balance Problems, Possible Vision Issues, Some Vertigo.
Retromastoid Craniectomy 05/30/2016. UPMC Presby
Dr's Gardner and Hirsch
Left SSD. HB 6 Facial Paralysis.  Waiting for the nerves to wake up...