Author Topic: confusion, memory loss and other foggy brain issues  (Read 3236 times)

ColaBurns

confusion, memory loss and other foggy brain issues
« on: August 08, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »
Hi guys haven't been on in a couple of months. I've been having some crazy things happen lately and I thought maybe it was just all "in my head" or stress but now I'm not so sure. I'm having some minor memory loss, thinking I did things when i didnt, not remembering where I put something or who i talked to and the Vertigo has gotten much worst to the point I'm constantly having an upset stomach and headache. Could all this be caused by a tiny AN? It's only 4MM so that would be awful small right?

Thanks,
Diagnosed June 25th, 2010
Acoustic Neuroma: 4mm right side
Doctor: Dr. Fucci in Chandler, AZ
I now belong to the Watch and Wait Brigade!

opp2

Re: confusion, memory loss and other foggy brain issues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
It could well be causing your difficulties. I've been reading these forum for a couple of years now, and my reading has led me to believe that the little devils can sometimes be far worse in regard to being symptomatic, than the extra large versions are. Hang in there, and perhaps you can see your doctor soon?
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

worrywart

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:16 am »
My boyfriend is having the same issues. His is on the 7th nerve, so its a little different, but it is pretty small 1cm. Based on his problems and how long he has had them we expected it to be a lot bigger. Its been rough for us because I have memory issues too so we are fighting over how things happened or where things are and I don't think either of us actually remember.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:58 pm »
Hi, Nicole ~

Memory issues can manifest as a result of even a relatively tiny AN.  Unfortunately, unlike other things, with an acoustic neuroma. it isn't always size that matters the most but (like in real estate) location.  Not a lot you can do but just be aware of this issue and not allow it to drive you bonkers.  Your doctor may be able to prescribe something to alleviate the vertigo problems.  I suggest that you ask. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.