Author Topic: BAHA Feedback  (Read 2393 times)

RichardMS

BAHA Feedback
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:27:56 am »
I dropped my BAHA (Intenso) today...not the first time, but it seems to be a bit off now.  I'm getting some feedback- the kind you would get if the wind blows or your head gets to close to something. It's not constant; mainly when I move around.

Anyone had any similar experiences?  Aside from this issue I haven't had the first problem...

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:49 am »
Richard -

my Divino is almost 2 years old and I haven't had this problem; but then again, I haven't dropped it.

Sounds like something might be loose inside of it.  If the feedback continues, you might want to have it checked out.

My doc's office has a policy where they will give you a loaner when your BAHA device is in for repair; does your doc's office have something similar?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

RichardMS

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:00:57 am »
Yeah something is definitely off.  I put in a call to the audiologist - hopefully it can be an adjusted. The audiologist actually gave me two Intensos initially for this type of situation.  Well, looks like since I'm not careful enough to use my BAHA without the safety "cord"; it's getting dusted off...Does anyone really use that thing?

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:22:06 am »
I wear an Intenso and haven't had that problem. I've never used the "safety cord," or whatever it's officially called, but I think some people wear them occasionally.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:22:23 pm »
Richard -

I have never used the "fishing line" - I just always assumed it would be pretty ineffective.

I follow the idea that if I'm wearing my Divino and I'm concerned it might get knocked off, I'd rather just remove it.

Even though my insurance company paid the $4,000 for it, I treat it like an investment made out of my own pocket.  I don't wear it when I'm shoveling snow, mowing the lawn, etc.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

RichardMS

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 08:29:32 am »
The feedback seemed to clear up after a few hours (or maybe I just got used to it).  Honestly, with the tinnitus, it can be hard to tell what's what anyways...