Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 2108 times)

JLR

MRI results
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:40:08 am »
Had 2 months MRI post CK.  Received results yesterday although I do have an appt with doctors this Monday.  The AN showed very little change..but no growth. There appears to be a hemogiama near the midline bone.  It was there before but it appears to have slightly enlarged.  The radiologist who did the report at the MRI center said his impression is benign. However since it had enlarged he wants me to have a bone scan and blood work to confirm his impression of the benign nature and not Multple Myeloma.  I was so freaked out.  I am trying desperately to keep a level head, but I am so scared.  I am bringing the CD with me and the CK doctors might not concur which would be great..but Im guessing since the MRI facility recommends further testing my doctors will as well. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Joan

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:43:24 am by JLR »

Mei Mei

Re: MRI results
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:25 am »
Take slow deep breaths.   I don't know enough about this but maybe Steve will see this and put in some advice.    Getting scared is not helpful.   I saw you were up early this morning posting.   So was I.   We have a long road to follow but do your research and keep posting.   Someone will answer.
I will PM you.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »
I think it would help if you remember that you are only 2 month post CK.  My doctor told me that is is very likely the AN will be larger at the first MRI do to swelling.  He also told me that it may take up to 18 months for them to determine if the AN is stable and not growing.

I know it is hard but try to relax until you see the doctor.  You have done all that you can for now.

TJ

JLR

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 06:57:51 am »
Dear TJ and Mei Mei, Thanks so much for the kind words. I might be reading too much into the report.  My doctor tomorrow - radiologist oncologist will review the CD and advise - Also seeing the neurosurgeon and he will review as well. My biggest mistake was getting the report on a Friday - knowing I wasnt seeing the doctors till Monday and having the weekend to spass about it.  On the CK forum, the wise doctor there said "sometimes ignorance is bliss"! Joan

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:07:46 am »
It may be bliss, Joan but you want to be an informed patient.   Remember:
Knowledge is power!

It's OK to get the report on a Friday.   It's good for you to read it and do your homework.   Think of the weekend as a chance to gather better questions for tomorrow with the oncologist and neurosurgeon.

Good luck next week!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh