Author Topic: Good to go!  (Read 8745 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Good to go!
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:28:53 pm »
I've been cleared for take-off!  After many hours talking to many people and donating to the vampires, I have been given the official go-ahead by the medical types for surgery next week.

Please wash those pirate socks this weekend!  I'll be counting on y'all!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Windsong

Re: Good to go!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:58 pm »
Sock are awashin' along with unmentionables (hey i am an environmentalist sometimes and think of conserving lol).... ;)

all the best Kate,

Everyone here will be thinking about you and wishing you well.
Windsong

pattibobatti

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:09:56 pm »
I  sure like your attitude.  My prayers are with you as you go and get youself fixed up !!

You are very lucky that you have found this forum when you did.  You are filled with all the information that is available.  Having the opportunity to make the choices you have made has got to feel good. 

Please know that we are very anxious to hear about everything.  God is good and you will be fine. 

Pattibobatti

17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:39:49 pm »
Go Katie, go!!!!!!!  Got the pink ones on now warming up and getting ready for you on Wednesday!!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ellenvig

• My AN
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:43 am »
Good luck!!!

Ellen
2.3cm AN diagnosed 6/13/06.
Gamma Knife 9/22/06.
Dr. Greorg Noren, Providence RI.
http://savyon.com/ellen/AN.htm

Obita

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:16 am »
Katie:

Good to go is great news.  Wouldn't want anything to get in the way of gettin it out now!!  Did you need to get a EKG?  Or maybe I did just cuz I am old?  ::)

Have you finished your nesting duties so you can relax and take it easy the next four days?

Counting down now,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

krbonner

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 05:52:44 am »
This forum has definitely been a godsend and has a lot to do with my confidence in the choices I've had to make.  I'm really not that nervous about the surgery, which has a lot of my friends flabbergasted!  But because of all the research I've done, the support from people here, and my confidence in my medical team I know I won't second guess my choices regardless of the outcome.  I've made the best decisions I could.  Now let's just move on to the next stage.

Kathy - I did have an EKG and chest xray.  Not just you!   :)

I'll try to get a CarePages set up this weekend to keep everyone updated.  My husband also knows how to contact a few people here and I'm sure they'll keep you up on what's going on.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005

shoegirl

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:38 am »
Katie,

Wishing you all good things! Try to relax (like that is possible with 2 little ones!) and do something fun this weekend.  Good luck next week! 
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 09:35:48 am »
Katie,

Wishing you the best possible outcome and sending huge hugs to ya.  With 2 little ones, I hope you have arranged for some help. My mom came out and stayed 4 weeks. Afetr that, I  depended on friends to pick up kids at school (hubby dropped them off on way to work) etc. We had people bringging meals for weeks it seemed. I was very fortunate to have all the local support. it's really important you plan for this. And as women, always doing for eveyone before doing for ourselves, you MUST alow anyone and everyone that wants to, help. Wish I lived nearby to help out. My thoughts and prayers will be with you next Fri.  you will probably spend this next week nesting. I think we all did that before our surgery. Take care and try not to worry to much.
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 09:42:47 am »
OOPS! was looking at Oct , Markin'  Sept for Wed the 13th. Will start my day with a prayer for you and yur Doc's, and of course, the pink socks, I gotta go look for some pirate looking ones. My pikiy;s have toes in 'em though!

2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

matti

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 02:29:05 pm »
Katie - My pink pirate socks are ready to work their magic. Your are going to be fine and will soon have the new title of "postie".  Sending my thoughts, prayers and good wishes!

hugs,
Cheryl

p.s. have you finished "nesting" yet?  I think I was still going at it until moments before I left for the hospital.
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 03:17:47 pm »
Good Luck Miss Katie-wench!!

Warming up my Official PBW Wenchsox as well (I saw some pirate sox at Claire's-accessorie store in lots of malls--at least on the "L'east" Coast. They wuz camo and not pink, but they had a jolly roger with a BOW.)
 8)
You sound in good spirits and ready to get rid of the dang thang! Wishing you the best possible outcome and Thing 1 and Thing2 get their Ma back good as ever and minus that aggrivating lil brain booger. We will be making up cheers along the way (right Wenches?) so be sure and have someone log on for you to pass on all the prayers and healing thoughts we post.

Big Hugs and Messy Smooches,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 04:50:44 pm »
Katie,

you know I'm ready to cheer you on.... got my pirate wenchy socks and neck dangly all ready to wear.  If I have to drive to MGH to keep a raven's eye on the team, trust me, I will.. and I think you know it! :)

You are going to do fab...and remember, you've already met the graduating class of MGH AN micro-surgery, so you KNOW you are in the best of hands.  I'm only 15 min from town if need be. 

Sending you major huggles and know, my socks will be on until your spouse/kids/carepages/pets/neighborhood squirrel or someone else advises.

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 09:58:48 pm »
I did manage to set up a CarePages site.  The page is KatieANSurgery.  Darling hubby promises to keep it updated somewhat regularly until I'm able to myself.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 02:51:14 pm »
I'm still here Katie. Are you repotring to the Wang Ambulatory Center, 3rd floor, at 6:00am on Wednesday? I'd like to chat with you before you go in.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.