Author Topic: New and need recommendations of doctors in Atlanta  (Read 1777 times)

Carol Nannis

New and need recommendations of doctors in Atlanta
« on: May 24, 2006, 02:10:28 pm »
Hi,
I'm new to this board, having just been diagnosed yesterday.  Do any of you have recommendations of doctors in Atlanta, GA area?  Thanks
Carol

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: New and need recommendations of doctors in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 05:23:17 pm »
Carol,
  Welcome to this Forum for AN patients.  If you have just been diagnosed, I know a thousand things are going through your mind.  Take a deep breath, things will work themselves out.  You'll find many people here with a wide variety of AN experiences. 
  As far as Atlanta doctors, use the Forum's SEARCH feature to search for forum items with Atlanta in them.  You'll find several threads.
Regards,
 Rob 
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Labott

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:48:09 am »
Carol:

Welcome!  I'm in Atlanta as well. After consulting with several ENTs in town, I went with Dr. Douglas Mattox at Emory University.  He's head of the Otolaryngology Dept in the School of Medicine.  If you elect surgery, he'll team with Dr. Jeff Olson (head of neurosurgery); if you elect radiosurgery, he'll team with Dr. Ian Crocker in radiation oncology (both at Emory).  To give you an idea of this teams' reputation, the day I went in for my first consult w/ Mattox, I was the sixth AN consult he had that morning.  I opted for radiosurgery (LINAC - treatment date 2/2/06).  If you desire more info about my experiences (and a doctor in the area to avoid)  send me a time and number to call via my email at labott@bellsouth.net.

Good luck!
    -LABott
Radiosurgery 02/02/2006 1.2 cm  - right side
@Emory Univ Hospital: Drs. Douglas Mattox and Ian Crocker

Carol Nannis

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:57:35 pm »
Labott

Carol Nannis

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »
LABott-  Thanks for your reply.  I have sent you an email with my phone number so you can call me whenever it's convenient for you.  I would love to hear your experiences the the doctor to avoid.  Thanks again.         Carol