Author Topic: social security disability  (Read 3573 times)

Battyp

social security disability
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:24:51 pm »
Has anyone been scheduled for a physician appoitment from social security and then received a call telling them not to go?  The guy left a message not to go but didn't tell me why not.  Of course when you call them you get no answer :o(  I'm wondering what it means.

Thanks...

Rc Moser

Re: social security disability
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:38:54 pm »
Probably will deny the first time around. You may need to get a Lawyer who specializes in dealing with the mountain of denials. IMO you need to get lawyer and go to "your" (probably need to be different ones that operated on you) doctors first to confirm you conditions, IMO otherwise they will just denie you and you will have to go through the process again anyway. IMO unless you have documented disabilities from more than one Doctor your probably be wasting your time. Sadly, you have rights, but they are like Insurance companies IMO in most cases. deny anything the first couple of rounds to weed out the weak. Maybe you'll get some answers from somebody who has dealt with our issues and had success. Let us know your outcome, cause I have a gut feeling there will be a lot more of us following your shoes. Rc.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:09:09 pm »
I expected a denial a way back.  I went for a mental exam two weeks ago and the doctor coached me(gave me pointers) on what to do for getting through the process.  Then I was scheduled to have a physical exam and then the message it won't be necessary.  So now I have no clue.  I also resent them some info a few days ago that was sent preiously to a different case worker.  I have been to a different doctor since my diagnosising one (whom I'll NEVER go back to) and my surgeon (who was awesome) and he said I was as good as I would get and he'll sign papers.  Last time I saw him there was no records of his office getting any requests but plenty of request to my family doctor whom I've seen twice since surgery for staple removal and med follow up.  I've been told until I get denied I can't get an attorney.  I don't know if that is a state thing or standard procedure.  Hopefully I'll have some answers by the case worker tomorrow.

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 04:32:01 am »
Michelle,

Given the time frame I think one of two things happenned.

A.  They received copies of the evaluation from the first Doctor you saw. ( hoping it was good enough that you won't be required to see additional doctors) and may be able to make a decision from this report.

B.  Saw your logic in the second evaluation Doctor not having enough  experience or knowledge with AN's  and may reschedule you with a neurologist, rather then a GP.   It would of been a waste of time and money on all parties involve had they insisted you be seen by the GP doctor.

I'm not sure which one it means, but I don't think it's a step backwards. 

Hang in there
Raydean

PS Almost forgot, yes in answer to your question. During Chet's 2 year evaluation after my call questioning the doctor's experience we were suppose to see. we were told not to keep the appointment schedule.   A short time period later I received a letter for an appointment with the neurologist. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 04:43:33 am by Raydean »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 09:37:20 pm »
I FINALLY got a hold of the caseworker and he said they cancelled the appt as they finally received my medical reports from my doctors.  I know this to be a false statement because...two weeks ago when I went for my "mental exam" the doctor showed me the copies of the doctor report from my surgeon and I spoke with my family doctor who told me when they sent the requested info.  They requested the last 5 years of my medical history. 

He said to be patient..UGH!  I have lost all patience!

MyrnaB

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 07:14:20 pm »
I applied for social security last October.  I went through Binder and Binder, Disability Attys.  Got them off the internet and they have been wonderful.  My surgeon told me point blank that this type of surgery does not cause people to go on disability.  Well, I got the call this morning that I have been accepted and my checks will start Immediately.  It has been an exciting day for me.  Good Luck,  Myrna  :o

cookiesecond

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 07:48:03 pm »
Great news!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend,
Lynn

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 11:19:35 pm »
Thats wonderful news Myrna!
I'm curious..what did they base your disability on?

MyrnaB

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 08:46:33 pm »
I had my AN surgery on Feb 14, 2004.  I am deaf on the right side with extreme metal on metal noise constantly.  My balance has returned 80%, but I still have problems on uneven ground.  Many times I experience that "clouded head feeling".  I sometimes get anxious in large stores.  I have chronic sinus, and incontinence which I try to control by just not drinking much away from home and knowing where every bathroom is within the 50 states.  When my symptoms first started, it affected my right eye.  They say it is a cataract.  How you get a cataract the same day as the other symptoms start, I don't know.  But, it is a cataract and I will have it operated on July 17th.  Two mo. after my AN surgery, I had my 2nd sinus surgery, then a total knee replacement in Dec.  And, I am 55.  So, I assume they looked at my age and everything on paper sounds like I am a wreck from head to toe.  I do have some memory loss of the past and sometimes have to regroup my words before I speak.  All in all, I feel fortunate that my surgery turned out the way it did.  I have no facial paralysis and the tumor was wrapped around my facial nerve.  I think I would of still had a hard time getting SS if it had not been for the name of Binder & Binder Attys.  They are well known for winning SS cases.  Myrna 

Battyp

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 09:18:40 am »
Thanks for sharing myrna!
From what I understand I have to be denied before getting an attn which I've not been denied yet.  This has been going on since february though!