Author Topic: Results are in!  (Read 1816 times)

microsoftfree

Results are in!
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:11:00 pm »
The doc office finally called me while I was on the way home from work, so had her hold until I got off the street. She said, "The doctor said that everything came back normal and just follow up as needed." I said, "That's great! So nothing showed up?" She repeated what she said before. I asked if everything came back normal, then what should I do now? Does he have any idea what sent me to the hospital? She asked if I'm still having problems and I told her yes, that's why I came to see him last week. She said that's all he said to tell me. I thanked her and hung up.  ???

Is it just me or is something not right with this? I NEVER go to the doctor and I KNOW the trip to the emergency room was absolutely necessary. No pun intended, but I also know this isn't all in my head.

Plan of action? I don't have any facial problems, my blood pressure is slightly elevated (for my normal), but still within normal range, so guess I'll do my own W&W. I'm suppose to go back for another hearing test in 6 months, so will do that to see if my hearing loss is worse and go from there. Any suggestions? I truly thought maybe some beginning of blockage would show up in my arteries to my brain which have similar symptoms...not there. I also have a follow up with the heart doc on May 4th. I don't feel relieved except that nothing jumped out at the person who read the films. I sure wish they did cd's.

bambi81

Re: Results are in!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:47:59 pm »
Well that is GREAT!!!!  Where's the champaigne???  I was told I need to come in for another hearing test and exam.  They tried to schedule me for two weeks out, but I told them obviously there is something wrong with me and I WILL NOT wait 2 weeks!!  They very quickly squeezed me in for Friday morning.  My nurse told me it could be an infection, virus or my eustation tubes are jacked-up.  Guess I'll find out, you should go back for more exams in my opinion.  It can't be "normal",  there has to be something going on.  Congrats once again!!  Now we can start the "what now" journey together!!!   ;D

Whitney

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:59:23 pm »
Free -

that is great news - although I hope they solve the mystery as to what is causing your symptoms.

I think I read in another post that Whitney's MRI came back negative, too.  Great news, also.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
Whitney and Becky,
I am glad that you have negative results. I do wish also that you knew what it was - how difficult that must be. I'm glad that you have each other and can compare notes and get through this together and keep us all posted in the meantime how's that for a run on sentence?

Take care. Thank your for sharing with us and letting us know!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:32:34 pm »
Woohoo!  Good news indeed!  Keep those tumor-free MRI's coming!  I know I would have rather had just about anything other than the darned AN.

Let us know when you find out what it is that's causing your symptoms.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 12:16:44 am »
Now we can start the "what now" journey together!!!   ;D
Whitney
Well that is curtainly excellent news, congratulations.  The two of you have had quite an experience.

I can only imagine the frustration you are both feeling.  The Dr.s will get to the bottom of whats going on.  But right now, I think Whitney has the right idea with the champaigne, you definately have some celebrating to do.

After your hangovers, please let us know how you make out.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

microsoftfree

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 04:16:49 am »
Frustration is right on! So far the MRI's, cat scans, ultrasound, EKG, stress test, etc. have only ruled things out. I feel like a human guinea pig and total hypochondriac! I'm going to take the films with me to the heart doc appointment next month so he can see the MRA of my brain and neck arteries and do the second hearing test in 6 months. In the meantime, I have to get another cortisone shot tomorrow in my knee (have to have replacement as soon as I retire) and don't want to see another doctor ever again.

You all have been so supportive and don't know how much it's appreciated. I'll still be lurking around because I feel like I know so many of you.

Whitney, here we go!

Becky

cindyj

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:27 am »
Hey, Becky!  Well, know it's so frustrating not to know what may be wrong, but very glad to know it's not an AN! 

Do let us know what you discover...and we're happy to have you stick around :)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 09:51:43 am »
You truly do need to celebrate for dodging a bullet!  I know you are frustrated now because you don't know what is causing your problems, and I wish you all the luck in the world in getting a diagnosis.  Be really glad it isn't an AN!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 12:26:46 pm »
Becky ~

I rarely get to state this but - thanks to the absence of an acoustic neuroma - I'm glad you won't have a need to utilize our 'services'.  This is definitely a reason to celebrate a bit, even though your questions on the cause of your symptoms haven't been answered.  I hope they will be, soon.  For what it's worth, I doubt anyone here thinks you're a hypochondriac.  :) 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 12:44:33 pm »
Congratulations on not having an AN!   :D
Do let us know if/when you find out more!
And maybe the things you've learned about ANs will help someone else sometime...
Best wishes to you,
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!