Author Topic: Has anyone figured out what triggers those 'bad days'?  (Read 3188 times)

mac84

Has anyone figured out what triggers those 'bad days'?
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:03:25 am »
My diagnosis was not that long ago (Oct 2014) and am in the W/W club.  Just wondering if anyone has figured out common triggers for those days things seem a bit worse.

Maybe I'm imaging all this, but some days it seems my head feels like it is full of cotton and the tinnitus is much louder.  What makes the symptoms worse for you and what do you do?

Thanks!
Diagnosed 10/13/14 with 1.4cm AN L side
1st Consult with Vanderbilt 11//14
W/W.  Next MRI in April 2015 at Vanderbilt.
April 2015 MRI no growth -
April 2016 MRI no growth - still 1.46cm.
4/17: No growth!
4/18: No growth! MRI 2 yrs
4/20: No growth! Symptoms stable- MRI 2 yrs

bethtretrault

Re: Has anyone figured out what triggers those 'bad days'?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:21:17 pm »
I'm W&W and have the same experience. I hope someone can tell us why. I'd love to be able to adjust something to have all good days.
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

Mickey

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:42 pm »
Hey Guys! I have posted many times. I have a 1cm AN going into my eighth year now. Please take a look at W+W brigade posts to get a better insight on what and how to do + cope with choosing a W+W treatment. My personal experience in short is to follow a very heathful lifestyle incorporating whatever knowledge you can get with what seems to keep an AN stable. I`ve been doing this with much success and can say that I feel better than when I was diognosed  contemplating other treatments.  I`m hoping to stay this way forever (good quality of life) and will make my decision after next now 2 yr. mri coming up soon. "proofs in the puddin" stable....  Best wishes, Mickey

Echo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 06:15:48 pm »
That "cotton head" or "wonky" feeling is pretty common along with tinnitus.  I have found that being near loud sound or drinking to much caffeine has a definite impact on my tinnitus.  If I keep my caffeine intake to a minimum my tinnitus is barely noticeable.

As for the "cotton or wonky head", I personally found that weather (barometric) changes were the primary cause for me.  I'm coming up to 15 months post Gamma Knife and the wonky head issues are becoming far less.  Getting enough rest and monitoring your stress levels is also key.  The more tired and stressed the more I noticed my symptoms.  Darkness is another issue.  Due to the effect of the AN on my balance system, walking or driving at night last year was more challenging.  For me and others, it just takes time.  This winter I'm already noticing a huge improvement over last year.  Life is good, wonky days are rare and balance issues are greatly improved.

Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital