Author Topic: No Response from UPMC in a month and a half!!!!!!!  (Read 2812 times)

sarahinPA

No Response from UPMC in a month and a half!!!!!!!
« on: August 15, 2009, 11:45:21 am »
I had my 6 month post GK MRI done on July 1st, my scans were to be sent to UPMC that day from my MRI tech. I met with my PCP who had seen the scans and even a neurologist here in my hometown who had the scans ( he isnt too familiar with GK) but its been a month and a half and i havent heard a thing from Dr. Kondziolka at UPMC in Pittsburgh!

UPMC asked me to send my personal copy of the disc with my scans and my 6 month adiogram to them, which i did over 2 weeks ago, and I still havnt heard anything!

My neurologist said that the tumor looks different, but has not changed in size, he said the consistency is different ( december before GK it was solid white, now it looks more hazy white or milky looking)

has anyone had this problem with UPMC? or does anyone know if this is a good sign!

im starting a new job in a week, im moving to a new city and looking for a place to live all in a week and i would love to put this news behind me before then!!!

thanks alot!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

sarahinPA

Re: No Response from UPMC in a month and a half!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:20:51 pm »
oh my i apologize a million times for being upset at UPMC! i got my results in the mail when i got home! 

mri looks great, GK is taking well and he wants another scan in 1 year!!!!!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: No Response from UPMC in a month and a half!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:45:39 pm »
Sarah ~

You were rightly concerned - but I'm pleased to learn that UPMC  (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) finally mailed your MRI results - and that they're great!  Congratulations!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.