Author Topic: BlinkEze adhesive  (Read 3476 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
BlinkEze adhesive
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
I have a BlinkEze weight. It is a 1.6 gram weight and helps a lot, but looks terrible. I have found the best position for it is right along the lash line a little off center toward the outside corner of my eyelid. Not what it shows on the website, but if I put it there the whole thing rolls down and I don't blink nearly as well.

The weight is bigger than the adhesive strip and I think that causes it to droop more than if the whole weight was adhered to the eyelid. On the MedDev website they mention that Mastisol or Benzoin adhesives can be used in lieu of the strips.

Has anyone tried these? At my trial-and-error rate putting this thing on I am going to blow through my supply of strips in no time.

Thanks, Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: BlinkEze adhesive
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 11:20:56 am »
Sarah I wonder if you could use two and cut the extra?
My weight I ordered (1 gram) was not heavy enough so back I go to see if my eye doctor can help me (we don't have them in Canada). I wonder how he knows what internal eyelid weight to use on people maybe he can figure it out that way - he has been so uncooperative.
I am going to order tons more strips - it can get stressful when you keep trying new positions and use more and more strips.
Good luck.
Michelle  ;)
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 04:38:34 pm »
Michelle, I have tried using two strips, and the same thing happens. I think my eyelid is too droopy and tends to push the weight down toward my eyelashes. I will know more after I see the ophthalmologist Monday. I think we will likely schedule an implant.

I mentioned this in another post, but you should be able to trade up or down a size by contacting Med-Dev. If you don't want to call, I can get you the e-mail address of the customer service rep.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 05:46:08 pm »
Thanks Sara, I am seeing my eye doctor on Thursday so will let you know what happens. I heavy eyelids, hooded or Asian like so aside from the fact that the 1 gram was not heavy enough it also folded or slid down - I am determined not to give up. I will try a heavier weight and then go from there - I hate the thought of anymore surgery - ever!
Keep in touch.
Michelle  ;)
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.