Author Topic: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray  (Read 75340 times)

free2be

Re: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2010, 01:02:44 pm »
Donnalynn,

I cannot imagine the frustration and fear that you must be experiencing. If you can, get him to the states. Any of the centers mentioned should be able to help him and post haste. You could probably get some financial assistance through foundations or just fund raisers. When you need help, it's amazing what people will do, even these days. Several fund raisers have been done here in our little town to help Wylie's family with his medical costs, etc. People will help...I assure you. Just do what you need to for Jim. This waiting for service there is ridiculous.

Still praying and thinking of you both,
Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »
Donnalynn,
I truly ache for you.  What a horrible time you are going through, and of course, Jim as well.  I was talking to a Canadian doctor just last week.  She told me (no surprise) that the biggest problem with Canadian Health Care is the waiting.  She said the care is excellent and fair EXCEPT for that.  Well, that is a biggy. I asked her what people do that need immediate attention due to situations just like yours.  She said it is possible to get private healthcare in Canada, but of course it is costly.  What I am wondering is if it would be less expensive for you to go a private route at this time instead of coming to the States which will be doubly expensive because of your housing.  Are there good private doctors that you could go to as a last resort if this does not get resolved right away?
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:40 pm »
Housing would NOT be a problem in Houston!!!  It would be our privilege to take care of Donnalynn and her family.   ;D

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2010, 04:09:35 pm »
DEFINITELY not a problem...in fact, if they came here, it might prolong Ms Priscilla & I getting into trouble!! ::)

K :D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2010, 04:24:41 pm »
And trouble is definitely brewing!  ;) ;)
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
See ..... prayers do work!!!!!  Prayers are continuing for Jim's name to quickly come to the top of the waiting list and he is in for the PET scan.  And, prayers for peace for you and Vanessa to know that God works in His own time and in His own way.

Love and many thoughts.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
Donnalynn, I'm always proud of you.

Glad today was a better day.

Hang in there,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2010, 02:18:28 pm »
Donnalynn ~

I'm delighted to learn that prayers are being answered; progress is being made in obtaining a timely date for your husband's much-needed PET scan and that some of our AN friends are reaching out to you by phone to help you get through this struggle.  This is all marvelous news and I'm so pleased to learn about it and know that, even as you and your Jim strive to see this medical crisis through safely, others are praying for and communicating with you, offering their consolation and support as well as a needed distraction from your burden of care at this time in your life.  Allow me to, again, offer you my support and, most important, my prayers for a safe, rapid conclusion to this medical challenge you're facing with your Jim.  You're a valued, integral part of our AN family, Donnalynn.  We're proud to support you in whatever way we can.  May God bless you and your husband.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2010, 09:10:02 pm »
Donna-lynn

Canadian sister hugs again being sent to you from Oregon. You and Jim remain in our prayers.

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jill Marie

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2010, 12:38:14 pm »
Donnalynn,

Going on vacation, no Internet access.  Glad to hear Jim's petscan is on the waiting list, still recommend going to the office if you can.  Who could resist that sweet face!  Yes, I expect to hear that his petscan has been done by the time I get back.  Hope all goes well, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2010, 04:22:49 pm »
Donnalynn,

I've been away from the board for AGES and I'm so sorry to hear about these latest struggles with Jim.  How FRUSTRATING and scary!  I really hope things turn around quickly for him and he's well on his way to a full recovery once and for all.  I can imagine how exhausting and scary this entire journey has been-and when you factor in all that you both have already been through-it is just so much more exhausting.

Huge (hugs)

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2010, 11:48:39 pm »
Good positive vibes - geesh they mean a lot.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2010, 09:05:54 am »
Donnalynn,

Rich and I continue to keep you, Jim and Vanessa in our thoughts and prayers …

We’re sending you a BIG HUG from Massachusetts.

Stay strong!

Scarlett & Rich
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:41 pm »
still in my thoughts ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2010, 12:33:12 pm »
Donnalynn ~

Thank you for taking the time to post the positive update.  Many of our members will appreciate learning that things are moving in the right direction for Jim, even with intermittent obstacles.  I won't burden you with a long post but I will reaffirm my promise to keep you and your Jim in my prayers and of course, to hope for more good news, soon.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.