Author Topic: AN surgery on Grey's Anatomy!  (Read 3733 times)

Brewers7

AN surgery on Grey's Anatomy!
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:16 pm »
This past Thursday.  I was a little cocerned about Dr McDreamy's surgical skills, after the plane crash and all.  Good job. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:45:23 am by Brewers7 »
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: AN surgery on Grey's Anatomy!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:11 pm »
Brewers,

It's only TV! Fer Pete's sake, they could make it look like there was no surgery at all, (which they did by the way!) did you notice any bandages?

The realistic portrayal to the general public makes it easier for us to be taken seriously. Differing problems such as side effects from the operation makes it unbelievable
and makes it that much harder for us to be given credibility when the symptoms that we present with are different from the fictional portrayal of the ideal product of Dr. McDreamy.

I was not entertained but was in shock and awe at their dramatic fairy tale. My wife and daughter thought that he was handsome throughout the surgery which it turned out lasted 23 hours it was later said. Funny, I recall that the good Dr. walked out without closing...... realistic you say , I think not!

For extra drama, the facial nerve didn't respond but then in a plot twist we are very glad to see that everything turned out even though the rest of us know different that even when the facial nerve is not cut there is some temporary facial drooping.

A newbie sees this and says no problem instead of doing due diligence (doing research to get the right surgeon and right hospital) for the best result.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Brewers7

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:57:12 pm »
never said "realistic" - it just caught my attention
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:34:21 pm »
Brewers,

It caught my attention too! Or should I say it caught my wife's attention!  was just excited because they had mentioned Acoustic Neuroma.  Then I saw the airplay they gave it and I was let down on so many levels.   

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!