General Category > AN Issues

Lightheadedness - is this due to Acoustic Neuroma?

(1/5) > >>

john twoffer:
My main symptom right now is lightheadedness. When I stand or sit up, I get weaker and weaker and must lay down. I am not dizzy, there are no balance problems right now, but I must lie down or recline in a chair all day pretty much every day.
I have been watching and waiting for 6+ years on the AN.
Can lightheadedness be caused by an acoustic neuroma? Or must it be due to another medical problem?
My AN is small at about 10 x 13 x 9 mm and was 5 x 7 x 9 mm in 2000 (or 7 x 9 x 5, not sure which dimension is which).
Thanks,
John

nancyann:
Hi John,  I didn't have any lightheadedness, but that doesn't mean others haven't had it.  I had a 2 cm AN removed.  Didn't have weakness either. 
Best wishes, Nancy

Palace:
John:

Do you have very low blood-pressure?

Also, another reason something like that can happen if a person isn't getting their nutrition properly.  Even if you are eating lots of fruits and veggies there can be something wrong with a person digestion and or colon.

Make sure you take care of this problem.  I get really tired and I don't know if this is due to my large AN.  I used to have more energy than anyone I knew.

Palace

nancyann:
UGH!!!  The fatigue is a P.I.A. isn't it???  Nancy

Jeanlea:
John,

I also had some lightheadness.  I thought it was low blood sugar.  I only noticed when I would be sitting or kneeling on the floor and the getting up quickly.  I don't know for sure that it was part of my AN, but I do know that since I've had surgery it's been gone.  I would also get pressure in my head if I strained myself too hard.  That is also gone.  My doctor told me not to lift anything too heavy before my surgery.

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version