General Category > AN Issues

Lightheadedness - is this due to Acoustic Neuroma?

<< < (2/5) > >>

john twoffer:
Jean, you sound a lot like me. Lightheadedness and pressure in the head. I get pressure in the had if I strain to move the bowels. Maybe it is the tumor. I am othostatic with my blood pressure at times when I am symtomatic, i.e. it drops and my pulse goes up. I have been worked up for thyroid, anemia, vitamin B12 and they are all okay.
John

--- Quote from: Jeanlea on October 30, 2006, 06:56:21 pm ---John,

I also had some lightheadness.  I thought it was low blood sugar.  I only noticed when I would be sitting or kneeling on the floor and the getting up quickly.  I don't know for sure that it was part of my AN, but I do know that since I've had surgery it's been gone.  I would also get pressure in my head if I strained myself too hard.  That is also gone.  My doctor told me not to lift anything too heavy before my surgery.

Jean

--- End quote ---

comfortzone:
I have experienced lightheadedness and if it progresses it turns into outright dizziness and then nausea. I've just been attributing it to the AN. My AN is small right now (8mm) but I originally went to the doctor because of the symptoms I had been having and how crappy I felt. Same thing, had all the tests done and then was sent to the neurologist. Looking back I have had a few spinny, lightheaded and vertigo moments over the past few years - I thought I was just a clutz! It seems that some people don't have any symptoms at all, or maybe they just don't talk about it, but I think it really affects me.   

Battyp:
John I'm curious..what side is your an on?

I know that there is a correlation with left side an's and high blood pressure problems.  I was told that once the tumor is removed it usually corrects hbp problems.  Wonder why my doctor specifically said left? ???

john twoffer:
Mine is on the right side. It's weird to say, but I'm glad to hear other people have lightheadedness and that I'm not alone in this! But I want to be clear that it is not dizzyness, or a balance thing, it's a problem standing or sitting. I get more lightheaded, and feel weak, and must lie down. I also have an increasing headache the longer I try to stay upright.
 :oJohn

--- Quote from: battyprincess on October 30, 2006, 09:46:10 pm ---John I'm curious..what side is your an on?

I know that there is a correlation with left side an's and high blood pressure problems.  I was told that once the tumor is removed it usually corrects hbp problems.  Wonder why my doctor specifically said left? ???

--- End quote ---

Crazycat:
Hello John,

Ã‚  You'd better believe it's caused by the AN! I started losing hearing in my left ear six to seven years ago. In 2002 I began seeing double all day, every day. This double vision was accompanied by lightheadedness and a hypoglycemic type of malaise that would come and go throughout the day and night. I lived in that condition for about two years. Then, my equilibrium went, big time. I was never dizzy, never nauseous and never had any bad headaches - as huge as my tumor was - I was just staggering around like a drunk. My condition was compounded by hydrocephalus  - csf build-up in the cranium - because the tumor was so big. So before my diagnosis, I went from thinking that I was diabetic to believing that I had M.S. or Lou Gehrig's disease. It was a very scary time in my life. Through my own research on the net and a few blood tests that bore out that I had a normal blood count or "CBC", I came to the conclusion that I had a noncancerous growth effecting my hearing and vestibular system otherwise known as an Acoustic Neuroma or Vestibular Schwanoma. I was right. Toward the end of my "guessing game" I was going around complaining about my condition to people, saying that I either had MS or a brain tumor. I remember when I first began having the double vision, I asked a friend what he thought might be causing it. Without hesitation he replied: "Brain Tumor". I knew he was right.

Ã‚                 Keep in touch and take care,    Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version