Author Topic: dental work.  (Read 2760 times)

Karen

dental work.
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:28 pm »
Has anyone had a root canal done on their AN side?  I am afraid I might have to   have one done on that side and I have no feeling there either.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: dental work.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 05:16:21 pm »
Hi Karen:  well, I haven't had the pleasure of root canal yet (thank goodness), but I have found all my teeth have become extra sensitive, so the
dental hygienist gave me Rx strength sensitive toothpaste to use - seems I'm losing enamel.  Told me to eat more on the AN side, which I don't.

Sorry I can't help with the root canal.      Take care,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

matti

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:27 pm »
Karen, I've had root canals done both  pre-surgery and post,  had no problems either time. Novacaine was not a problem either. Because of facial paralysis after surgery and not being able to keep my mouth open for extended time, the dentist offered a bite rest/block and frequent breaks.

Also because of my AN surgery, I do not produce saliva on that side, so I am very diligent about extra flossing and brushing.

You will be fine :)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

OMG16

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:57:08 pm »
My son just had a crown on his left paralysis side and he does have a little feeling when it came to his tooth and caused him some weird pain like symptoms until he got the permanant crown a week later and then it took about 24 hours before it settled down.  He woke me up in the middle of the night the following night and it took us a few hours to figure out what was going on.  So he had to take pain medication every 4 hours and that did the trick.  His paralysis is due to stroke so his neuropathy is probably different but I though I should let you know his experience.  I hope your root canal goes well.  Please do let us know.  Kisses to your forehead.  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.