Author Topic: Blood Pressure(off topic)  (Read 2218 times)

cookiesecond

Blood Pressure(off topic)
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:41:01 pm »
Why would your blood pressure be consistently different in each arm?
I have been monitoring mine the last week because it has been a little higher.Usually if I can keep my neck/back pain under control it is okay.I have noticed it is always higher in my right arm.
Thanks for any info,
Lynn

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Blood Pressure(off topic)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 04:47:05 am »
Is it close? or a big difference ... I would ask your GP ... my guess it could different (but should be small) because the flow could be better (or worse) in one arm...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:18:23 pm »
Hi Lynn

I don't know the reason why, but Chet also had readings that was considerally  different, depending on which arm was being used.  We finally stated that the Doctor's/Nurse's were to use the left arm (non AN side) all the time so that a true reading was obtained each time.

i have always assumed that his was due to the impairments related to his AN side of body, but the truth is no one was ever able to give us a reasonable answer, so if you're lucky enough to find out the answer I'd love to hear it.

Hugs
Raydean

PS   Your kind message was forwarded to me.  Thank you!!!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Denise

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 12:42:22 pm »
Since my initial surgery 5/9/2005, I do not feel hot/cold or pain on my right side.  My dr. said they must have tapped my brainstem while getting my tumor.  I remember during my stay at the rehab hospital, they wouldn't discharge me until my temperature was normal.  When they took my temp under the left side of my tongue I had a temperature of 99, and if i did it on my right side i was normal.  Weird.  I never told the nurse, probably should have but oh well, too late now!   However, when they take my blood pressure it is basically the same when either arm is used.  I am on a low dose, 5mg of Lisinopril to keep it in control.  It sure is weird how all this affects your body, and how different it affects each of us.

Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:31 am »
The blood pressure machines you buy at the store have you take your bp in your left arm.  I would think that side would be a more accurate reading since it is the side the heart travels to first?  Hmm...will have to check into that.   I know when I go to the doctors they always check the left arm.