Author Topic: Successful Experience With Hearing Aid  (Read 2275 times)

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
Successful Experience With Hearing Aid
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:25:45 am »
 ::) 

Well I discovered that my spending almost $2K on a hearing aid that does little to improve my word recognition was actually worth it.  I spent about 2 hours Saturday in an extraordinarily noisy, acoustically challenged venue for my grandson's birthday called "Jump-it".  Lots of kids shouting, lots of echoing noise.  The only place that was quiet was the bathroom.  And although I couldn't really hear much I was very pleased that the noise didn't overwhelm me as it used to prior to using my hearing aid.

3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Successful Experience With Hearing Aid
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »
Hi Teri!! Glad to hear that this thing lived up to your expectations!  I'm sorry you had to go through all the insurance hassles that you had to, but as you said, you'll be glad you did in the long run! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
Re: Successful Experience With Hearing Aid
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:20:01 am »
Thanks, Jay.  Every once in a while I wonder why I spent that significant amount of money on the hearing aid since I still don't understand most of what people are saying.  But I know the quality of my hearing is better with it than without it so I can't complain.  I still have pretty good hearing in my non AN ear.
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!