Author Topic: balance and weather change  (Read 3044 times)

LoriW

balance and weather change
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:55:39 pm »
Now that it is getting colder at night, my balance seems to be way off, more then normal.  I staggar alot.  Anyone else seem to have this problem?  It was also off more when it was hot in the summer months.  My surgery was Dec 14, 2004.

Lori

Boppie

Re: balance and weather change
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 02:33:36 am »
Lori,  Could it be this?  Muscles in the legs are affected by heat/dehydration and cold/tension...  might be dehydration in both seasons.  I noticed windy days affect my balance too. 

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 11:14:51 am »
We've had about two cold days (thankfully I live in FL!) and I've noticed I have a harder time and my head will start hurting....I think my screws are cold..we already know they are loose  lol

Michelle

luv2teachsped

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 06:59:55 pm »
Lori-
    I agree , my balance is way off now that it is winter.I was thinking it was because my sinuses are all blocked up, putting the balance in my good ear off.? And yes, I have never been a hat person, but wear one because my incision site as well as the inside of my ear hurt in  the cold and wind.Ah..the many perks of AN! Take Care-luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

matti

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:32:27 pm »
I am glad you brought this up. I have noticed since my surgery (1998) that my balance, eye issues and headaches seem to be more pronounced during the cold winter months. Since I started using saline mist a while back, my sinuses are much less irritated and my good ear does not seem as congested and I am not feeling so off balance.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

philadelphia1

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 07:07:23 am »
My balance / hearing symtoms seem to get worse with cold weather and stress.  Was glad you raised the question on weather links.

ML
Philadelphia
<1cm AN
FSR (26 treatments), Dec 2005 - Jan 2006
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 03:22:24 pm »
mmm interesting thread guys. I never really attributed "symptoms" to the weather but I must say that my headaches have not been as debilitating this summer (I'm in Sydney Australia). i will monitor this through the winter months, although it doesn't get very cold in the winter here - like around 18 degrees (celsius). Oh, if any of you are a bit cool, then Sydney is the place to be - apart from new years day when it was 45 degrees (celsius) - that was a tad warm. Temperatures are around 30 degrees on average at the moment so come on down!!!

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz