Author Topic: Coming up on my 1 year MRI  (Read 1825 times)

ghenier27

Coming up on my 1 year MRI
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:50:53 pm »
Hi to all that remember me, I had my surgery for my An October 17th but my doctor scheduled my appointment for my MRI the second week of Sept. I had an unbelieveable fast recovery and no problems since. HOWEVER, I am kinda of getting worry about this up and coming scan. I was just wondering from everyone, how many of you had your AN come back ? Debi   

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Coming up on my 1 year MRI
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:04:00 pm »
Hi, Debi ~

Good to see you post again.  The regrowth rate for surgically removed ANs is around 3%.  Besides, to be realistic, re-growth rarely happens less than a year after the surgery.  So, unless you're having symptoms, I wouldn't let myself get too stressed out about your upcoming MRI.  I'm sure it'll be 'clear'.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »
Hi, Debi.

I remember my first post op MRI very distinctly.  It freaked me out because I was worried about regrowth.

I recently had my third annual post op MRI with clean results - just like the other two  ;D

My docs told me my AN was removed "completely", but I still have a 1-2% chance of regrowth.

So far, so good  8)

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ghenier27

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »
Thank you so much for your replies. It does bring me some peace of mind to know that the chance of regrowth rate is between 2-3%. I don't know what I would have done without this site before my surgery or after it. It is a huge source of information for everyone dealing with this. Debi

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:00:38 pm »
Oh yeah...you should be good to go for a long time there!  Let us know how it goes with the MRI!! Good luck and take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston