Author Topic: BAHA Programming  (Read 3417 times)

cobbler

BAHA Programming
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »
It's me again!

Just got my BAHA on Monday and am still adjusting.

Is the volume something that is programmed with the audiologist? It seems like I can't get it loud enough. I hear it beep when turning it up but it only seems to get to a certain level. Didn't know if this was normal or not?

Headed to dinner in a few to a place that the noise normally bothers me. Can't wait to see the difference!

Thanks again  ;D
Misty Cobb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA Programming
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:04:47 pm »
I'm not sure what processor you have, but in any case, volume isn't something that is programmed by the audiologist.

Your processor should have one or more volume buttons.  I wear a BP100 and it has two volume buttons - one to increase the volume and one to decrease it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »
Ditto to what Jan said, but in addition, I have had the audiologist crank mine up to a higher base level.  That has worked well for me.  I change the program based on the environment I'm in.  Hope that helps.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:28 pm »
My audio does not activate the volume until the next follow up visit, so it is possible that the volume control Judy isn't "turned on.". I'd suggest calling your audio to ask.  I didn't know this initially and kept pressing the buttons wondering why all I got was a beep. :)
Good luck!
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com