Author Topic: Re: OK forget poop ... general updates ... (but also good poop info ...)  (Read 7308 times)

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
On Monday, should we ask which of the experiences was the most gratifying?  Nah.  Forget I mentioned it.

Anyhow, congratulations Postie!
Sharon

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Joyce, it sounds like you're pretty good at the exercises.  I remember falling over repeatedly on the one-leg routine regularly both pre and post op.  My kids were generally in hysterics - which wasn't amusing to me at the time  :( but it's laughable to me now  :D

The shampoo will be like heaven - I still remember those 9 long days like it was yesterday.  I actually apologized to Dr. Battista for the grossness of my hair when he removed my stitches, but I'm confident he's very used to that  :P

One thing I wish I knew for that first shampoo is to use baby shampoo.  I still remember getting shampoo in my eyes which caused them to sting.  My first instinct was to rapidly close my eyes, but then balance became as issue; almost fell on my *ss  :o

If you don't have baby shampoo - Johnson's seems to work best - use a shower bench if you have one available.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
That first shower and shampoo is just the best.  It felt so good to crawl back into bed w/clean everything-jammies, underwear, skin, hair, etc.  The little things in life totally rule!  My back gave me problems, too.   I had to ask for a heating pad, and that really helped.  I'm now going to a chiropractor who does massage therapy to take care of some lingering neck and shoulder issues.

You are right on schedule w/all the usual complaints, and I'm sure your recovery will continue to progress well!  Good luck w/everything.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Keri

don't know if the poop issue has been resolved by now, but my autistic daughter has lots of GI problems and every doc we've been to recommends Miralax (it used to be prescription but is OTC now). She also takes Senna syrup.

I hope the hair washing feels great!

take care,
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!