Author Topic: Facebook and email friends  (Read 5219 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Facebook and email friends
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:17:26 am »
Sometime today all of my email accounts, bank account, utility accounts and everything else that has a password were compromised.  Please be advised I am not in England and I don't need money sent to me.  If you have received this message either through an im on FB or an email bearing my name please delete and quickly change your passwords.  I am so sorry this is happening.  Several friends have been threatened by "me".  Believe me if I was going to Europe I would visiting Lorenzo Tonte for some of his bread!
I have notified the powers that be on all levels and hopefully this will be resolved.  I can be reached at Mizmoxie2@gmail.com . WOW this is a real pain!  I hope y'all have a great day and please don't send money to England...send it to ANA!
Hugs to all,
Brenda :-[
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Facebook and email friends
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:26:43 am »
I thought this was a hoax, Brendaluwench!  I asked the hoaxer what I called my husband and only you would know that! Will delete all communications ASAP!

me!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »
Brenda, I'm sorry this happened to you. I would recommend, however, that you edit your email address out of your post and offer to send it to anyone who asks via a PM. Otherwise this email address might be harvested as well.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »
I'm a Mac...no pesky virus and worm programs to worry about here...thank goodness!

Have fun with that!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »
I have a Mac too - I saw it (twice) in my Junk mail and just deleted it...thanks for the heads up.  Sorry you are having to deal with this!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brendalu

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:30:07 pm »
Fortunately, I have safe guards on my bank accounts, but the email and FB accounts are a real pain.  Hopefully, no one will be affected by this.  I don't think it is a virus...I think it is a real person...called my in-laws and several friends and has been iming like crazy....Most folks got it in their spam mail...so I have no clue what happened, but the phone calls are crazy............I have a MAC and a PC and it was on both plus our computers at our business.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Brendalu

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:58 pm »
I tried to edit and delete on of these and it said it wasn't allowed!
Not my day with computers!
Brenda ???
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:26 pm »
thanks for the heads up !
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

cindyj

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 12:54:40 pm »
I got your "urgent request" also...almost felt guilty about deleting it, but assumed it was a hoax.  Glad you confirmed that you are not stranded in UK, which, in my opinion, would not be a bad place to be stranded!  But sorry you're having to deal with the mess - what a headache, I'm sure.

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 01:37:14 pm »
I also assumed it was a hoax.  I decided that if you were to going to England, you would have told us, of course...if only to make us jealous!!  Good luck w/getting all this fixed  :-\.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 02:34:16 pm »
Brenda ~

I received the phony e-mail asking for money, assumed it was a hoax and deleted it, pronto.  I hadn't logged into the AN website yet and hadn't see this thread so I forwarded the fake e-mail to the other moderators to alert them, which turns out to have been unnecessary.  I doubt any harm has been done to anyone's computer. 

I'm sorry you have to deal with this hassle.  The downside of internet technology.  Fortunately, your financial accounts were protected.  The rest, as you noted, can be fixed...but it's still a headache you don't need.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:58:40 am »
I received the phony e-mail asking for money, assumed it was a hoax and deleted it, pronto. 

I did the same.  Sorry this happened to you Brenda.  Hope all is resolved now.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:30:48 am »
Oh great, now you tell me!  I just got on a plane to England to bring you a zillion dollars!   ;)

Hope you can get things straightened out - what a pain in the neck these things can be!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Brendalu

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 10:34:34 am »
It is still a bit of a nightmare.........I can't prove I own the FB and gmail and aol accounts!  The person who hacked them really did a number on my identity...I hope he/she made me tall and thin and beautiful..................Lori, go see Lorenzo and bring me back a loaf of bread while you are over that way any way and enjoy the trip!  How much is a zillion$ ?  wow

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »
Brenda... I'm getting a friend request from you!... is that really you ? and de-friend the old account ?
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital