Author Topic: Good News to Share!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6748 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Good News to Share!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:47:38 am »
Lot's of good news to share!  My youngest daughter is getting married on Saturday, she is 34 and this is her first marriage.  She has waited a long time to find her soul mate and we all approve.  I couldn't have hand picked a nicer guy!  They will be presenting me with another grand child in July (this from the daughter who doctors have told since she was thirteen that would never be able to conceive a child)  Miracles happen everyday!
The first offer on our home fell through.  The bank had given preapproval, but the folks couldn't get the loan. :-(  Yesterday we got a cash offer, quite a bit over the asking price.  We already had three bank appraisals done and the inspection was done a few months ago and the people accepted those documents.  (I think they are a little anxious)  The kicker to the whole thing was that they wanted to close on February 12!  We finally convinced them to move the date to February 26....I explained that I hung up my Wonder Woman cape a while back.  They are transferring from out of state.  A minister and his lovely wife, who is expecting a new baby.  We are excited and anxious all at the same time.
The next news is that my husband landed a contract in Galveston for the replacement of a/c units in eleven buildings which  have sixteen condos in each.  He will be replacing a minimum of five in each building.  By the time he completes the task, the hot season will be with us and business will be booming!  We are blessed.  Prayers work and even though our credit took a huge nosedive with the loss of my husband's job, our car was totaled by an illegal with no insurance and our insurance company refused to cover under the terrorist clause (didn't know they could do that, check your auto and homeowner's policies) we are going to become known as the "come back kids"...er "come back old people".  We are on our way back up!
I also want to thank all of you who have offered prayers and words of encouragement.  There were days when I didn't know if I was going to make it through all of this.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

Re: Good News to Share!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:57:57 am »
Brenda~
That is a WHOLE bunch of GOOD NEWS!  I am so happy for you!  You (& your hubby) are troopers...yes, the power of prayer and a positive attitude make all the difference in the world!

Hugs to You!
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:17:34 am »
That certainly is a downpour of good news!   I'm so happy for you.

I hope your daughter has a perfect wedding day and a very healthy baby.

We all knew you'd make it through the tough times.  You may have hung up the cape, but you're still Wonder Woman on the inside!

Now go celebrate all this good news with some chocolate or something!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:42:07 am »
Brenda, you have persevered and deserve every bit of the good fortune that is now coming your way.

Please post pictures of the wedding.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:55:00 am »
So many good things coming your way it just proves prayers do work.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:07:00 am »
A new son-in-law and a new grand child coming and your house sold and 55 or more a/c units to do - that's a lot of stuff going on!

Glad to hear you grown-up kids are making your come back.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

moe

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:15:55 am »
Brenda,
Yea! I bet you are EUPHORIC! I am, for you. The excitement in your post is palpable.
I'm sooo happy for you. After reading the downside of things that you endured, you deserve this and more.
Embrace it, wonder woman!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Cheryl R

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 11:11:01 am »
Brenda,   I am so glad to hear of things finally going better for you!       You have had more than enough happen and now time for a better life again.      Congratulations!                              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

cindyj

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 11:34:47 am »
So much great news!  Thanks for sharing it with us, Brenda!  Enjoy it all,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 12:21:56 pm »
Thank you all, we couldn't have done it with the positiveness I get here and the many prayers....pictures next week!

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:02 pm »
I just love reading positive, upbeat posts like this!!! Congratulations on all of the good things in your life right now, to your daughter on her marriage, your husband on the job, and to you for hanging in there!  I hope the good things keep rolling in.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 03:35:15 pm »
Brenda ~

This cascade of good news coming your way is downright exhilarating, more so because it is, I believe, an answer to many prayers.  May the wedding be spectacular, the marriage solid, the baby healthy, the home sale transition smooth and your husband's work both lucrative and satisfying as you both look toward a much brighter future!  :)

Your experience is why I often use the phrase: "it won't always be this way" when folks run into problems and obstacles in life (and their AN recoveries).   Granted, no one will sail through life with nothing but good news every single day and never a setback, but neither will anyone remain in a bad situation indefinitely.  34-year-old daughters find their soul mate and become pregnant when doctors said they wouldn't, homes that sat on the market for months with no takers or credit-challenged potential buyers finally sell with ease for a very good price and work comes when it seemed as if it never would.  Nothing stays the same, forever.  Enjoy the good things happening to you and your family, now, and thanks for sharing it with a very receptive audience.  :)     

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

texsooner

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 04:07:56 pm »
Brenda, what a deluge of great things happening. You definitely deserve it....couldn't happen to a nicer lady. Things are going your way so much, may want to buy a lotto ticket ;D

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 05:33:14 pm »
So the insurance companies are calling uninsured drivers "terrorists" now? What kind of scam will they think of next?

I'm really glad you guys finally caught a break on something for a change!  And congrats on the new SIL!! and Grandbaby!

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

tenai98

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 07:05:24 pm »
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
jo ;D