Author Topic: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift  (Read 76148 times)

cindyj

Re: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2009, 08:15:48 am »
Hey, Nancy!  You look just great in the pics!  Glad you're home, as I know you are...curious, is the second picture when you're at home?  But you still have the head gear on? 

I used Refresh Plus for my eye - that's what they had in the hospital and I continued to use it for about 6 weeks or so (about the length of my temporary facial weakness).  Think a lot of folks here also use the Refresh...there are a couple of other OTC things as well.  My optometrist actually did put me on a prescript, but I don't know that it really did anything for me...

Take it easy - keep walking a bit, but do still take lots of naps! 

Cindy

ps - I finally got on the river in a quad...had a coach w/ us to keep the boat stable, but it was great!  I know you'll be back on the water very soon!
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Cheryl R

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2009, 08:16:38 am »
The eye drops and gels are all over the counter products at any drug store.       Of course with today being a holiday makes it hard.              Even some grocery stores may carry them in their drug aisle.     The contact solution would not be a good thing to use.          Do you have any just light weight eye drops like Visine as they would help some.                        I have frequently mentioned having an eye product ahead of time to new surgicals but haven't lately.  
                                                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:07 am »
Hey, get that hat photo up, Marci.
I've got family out the wazoo headed over now and call coming in from son in Scotland any minute, but as soon as the air clears, I'll send him packin'!
The eye drop info is awesome.  Thanks, all you guys!  I love this forum. 
I'm so glad you're out of that silly barge, Cindy.  It's hard work pulling a four, easier with the eight since less boat to tote per rower, but ah, the singles, just wait!  I watched them rowing in pairs from the hospital window as I believe Dave mentioned.  I thought they were rowing so well together until I realized it was my double vision.
Oops!  Gotta get out of the jammies.
Oh, Mom is a 90-year old retired pediatrician and eager to remove headgear since they want it on for 4 to 5.  Unfortunately, she wants to do the stitches as well, but I won't let her.  Those come out the day after the brunch, so you'll all have a look.  Maybe after the dumplings?
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2009, 09:08:03 am »
Hi Nancy, you look great!

I'm a little late here as my parents are here visiting and we are keeping busy and eating a lot :).  I'm sorry to hear about the eye issue, but hopeful that it will resolve itself soon.

Try to enjoy your time with your family, but as others have said, make sure you rest when you need it.  Have Dave run interference for you for a while :).  From now on, you will feel better each day.  There may be some backwards days, but for the most part, it just gets better now.

Take care of yourself and update us when you have the energy,

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Seal

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2009, 09:55:36 am »
Hey Nancy!

Great updates, and keep up the good progress.    I'm sure that the eye thing will resolve quickly, and as they say, the balance will come back gradually as the brain re-adjusts to the new info.      So this is like cyber space, tag team, neurosurgery!     You're out, and I'm on deck!     Keep up the progress, and next week we can compare notes on our recovery.      I'll definitly go for the filet of sole, but what - NO LOBSTAH?    I thought this was Bawston!!!

Best wishes,
Steve

Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2009, 10:08:54 am »
Here's the hat photo as requested...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:49:58 pm by MAlegant »
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2009, 10:57:02 am »
That's better, Marci!  ;D

Seal, I forgot to mention that the fresh fruit is also amazing.  Don't get the muffins or pancakes as they get all gummy and try to choke you.  The lemon ice is good for post op dehydration, too.  I had to beg on my knees, well almost, for anything thing to get me out of the desert.
Good luck!  Don't get there too early.  The elevators aren't running before 5:30, and the security guard loved to tell us it was our fault for coming too early.  And then you just lie on the gurney until 8 anyway, bored out of your mind.
Thinking of you!  They were surprised that I knew of you.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2009, 11:56:26 am »
Nancy, I am so happy to see you back around here!!!!  You look fabulous in your pictures and the scarf is doing its magic.  I think about you all the time.  Don't let that family wear you out too much, they are there to help while you REST!  And wear your pajamas all you want.  Yesterday was the first day I wore clothes!   ;D
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

lauralynn

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »
Hey Nancy!  I'm sending you a big hug!  So glad to know that you are home and doing well.  You look great!  I hope the magic scarf works as well for me as it did for you.  I love this forum too!  So glad we all have eachother to lean on for support.  I'm so paranoid of sleeping in on surgery day....I woke up today and thought it was the big day!  I would have been 4 hours late for my appt.!  Think I'll just stay up through Monday...have to leave at 4:00 am.  Might as well stay in your jammies...you are going to take alot of naps anyways.  Might as well be comfortable!  Take care Sweetie and I will be in touch before Tuesday.

Love Always,
Laura
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »
Hi, Nancy ~

Thanks for the frequent updates.  They make for interesting reading, mostly due to the fact that you seem to be doing quite well.  The photos were appreciated by all, I'm sure.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with dry eye issues but trust that can be remedied, soon.  I'm sure that a little time and possibly some steroids will combine to reduce any facial deficits.   The double vison is almost always temporary (mine was).  Dave has done a fine job of updating but it's good to see you posting on your own, even if it is a bit awkward for you right now.  Although it may seem as if normalcy is a long way off, time passes quickly and you'll very likely enjoy a rapid recovery.  I look forward to meeting you at the April 19th brunch in Worcester, MA.    :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2009, 03:14:44 pm »
Hi Nancy,

Nice to see you back - as a postie. :)

Take it easy for a little while, okay? I think you are going to be fine.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LisaP

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »
Nancy,

So glad to hear that everything went well and that you are home.  Thanks for the updates and you look "beautiful".  Rest and keep us all posted on your recovery.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Keri

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »
Hi Nancy (and Dave),
So glad to hear from you both. I thought it was funny when you said you looked at the rowers in the boat and thought they were doing so great together and you realized it was your double vision. A week or two after my surgery, my sister was visiting and on her last night she drove us down into Wash, DC.  I looked and wondered why they still had the Christmas lights up (in Feb - never mind that DC doesn't even put up Christmas lights)! My vision was so blurry and weird from the eye ointment and some double vision that I thought the regular street lights were fancy Christmas lights.
I hope you continue to recover and rest.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2009, 08:46:18 pm »
Nancy -

nice to see you back.  I had double vision for a few days post op, then it went away.  I'm confident yours will too.

Patience  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

vossman

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2009, 10:22:16 pm »
Nancy,

Glad to see that you are doing so well.  Get lots of rest and don't do too much.  I have to scold Anissa and tell her to take it easy quite often.  Now that you are home your recovery will go much better -- nothing like being home even if it is kind of scary at first.  Congratulations on becoming a postie and wishing you well for a speed recovery.

Chris
Chris
Anissa's other half