Author Topic: CK headaches persist  (Read 6904 times)

Tumbleweed

Re: CK headaches persist
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Actually, skahn47, many people who get hit by side effects from CK get them in the first two weeks following treatment, although this is usually limited to fatigue. The first four weeks after treatment were the very worst for me, by far; I was so fatigued, it left me short of breath and struggling to even sit up straight in a chair (although it must be said this was a particularly severe and unusual reaction). It seems like it's pretty common for people to also have an extended episode around the 3- or 4-month mark, too.

On the plus side, a strong reaction isn't necessarily a bad omen. It could mean the tumor is reacting very strongly to the radiation and is on its way to the grave. That was certainly the case with me. My tumor initially swelled significantly, only to shrink at an almost unheard-of rate.

I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

skahn47

Re: CK headaches persist
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 11:56:52 am »
Thanks TW; I feel better to day; start getting back to my routine. The hangover feeling is still up in my head (I don't drink or smoke). Learn to cope with the situation. Hope my side effects stay mild for the next two months. skahn47 :D 8)