Author Topic: AN & WEATHER  (Read 2192 times)

jazzfunkanne

AN & WEATHER
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:39:16 am »
Does anyone else find the weather effects them, when it is calmy and no air i feel really wonky headed and my balance is off, today it is brezzy and wet and i feel fine, i can always tell when its going to thunder as it effects me, does this happen to anyone else and whats the reason? many thanks.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: AN & WEATHER
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:28:21 am »
There are several of us currently posting that have commented on how we react to weather changes.  In my case I have had headaches for most of my adult life whenever a low pressure system is coming close so I cannot blame it on my AN.  In fact I really cannot make a connection now to my wonkyheadedness some days now ..... still seems random to me, but maybe it is weather related.

You might want to check out:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=9715.15  Someone gave a weather site that gives some information on physical well-being vs. weather.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:10:30 am »
When really big fronts roll through, I am truly miserable. Rainy weather makes me have headaches, but any kind of violent change, like big thunderstorms sets me off.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »
Who needs a weather person, when you have AN  ::)  Do you know how many times I proved the weather person wrong?  I get terrible headaches when the pressure is low and just before thunderstorms.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

digby

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 12:10:34 pm »
I am just a little over a year since my middle fossia surgery and find that I'm extremely dizzy when we have storms that last all day or longer. Has anyone noticed improvement or any difference when you use the Wii? 

marymomof3

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:21 pm »
I can tell you if it's going to rain before it does...  the first time I had a headache I had a dentist check me out because I thought the pain had to have been caused by my teeth!  I swore I was in need of a root canal.  ,,, until it rained.... ha ha ha
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!

kawman600

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »
i,m eight weeks out tomorrow,and as the Mamas and Papas say -Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down !(of course Mondays always did-but since surgery now i have the other to look forward to ,as rainy /gloomy days i feel worse than others !)