Author Topic: ONE MONTH POST GK  (Read 1731 times)

Seamar

• Age 74
ONE MONTH POST GK
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »
Hello, Fellow ANers,

I hope everyone had as great a Thanksgiving as I did!  I don't get to see the kids and grandkids as much as I'd like to, so this one was really special for me.

At this point, there are no great changes to report.  My tinnitus, dizziness and balance are slightly worse; hearing in the AN ear about the same (serviceable).  I have some numbness on top of my skull.  There has been some hair loss, but I don't know if this is related to the GK.  It took about two weeks for the feeling in my forehead to return to normal.  Before that, it was slightly swollen and tender to the touch.  The pinholes from the head frame are no longer visible, but there were two teeny, tiny vertical bruises on either side that lasted three weeks.  I have not gotten the headaches I was waiting for.  Sometimes I feel tired earlier than I used to, but then, I'm pushing 70.

I started vestibular-balance therapy two weeks ago.  No sense in being off balance and dizzy if there's a way to improve on this.  My next appointments for MRI, hearing test and follow-up are in April.  Until then, I'm hoping that the AN gives up the ghost and begins its downward spiral.
7mmx1.2cmx5mm left AN
GK 10/27/11 with  Drs Golfinos, Rush and Han @ NYU Langone Medical Center

Relax...God is in control.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ONE MONTH POST GK
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »
Seamar ~

Congratulations on a very encouraging one-month post-radiation report.  May the tumor die and your recovery continue apace.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Seamar

• Age 74
Re: ONE MONTH POST GK
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:13:15 pm »
Thanks, Jim!  From your mouth to God's ears.
7mmx1.2cmx5mm left AN
GK 10/27/11 with  Drs Golfinos, Rush and Han @ NYU Langone Medical Center

Relax...God is in control.