Author Topic: haveing op on 3rd september 09  (Read 12266 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: haveing op on 3rd september 09
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »
Denise ~

Thanks so much for your surgery update.  I hope the swallowing issues and 'dry eye' will resolve quickly.  Unfortunately, the SSD won't - but one adjusts - and if you can't, there are a variety of hearing aids available.  Your unsteadiness should diminish with time and some effort on your part to regain your equilibrium.  Right now, just a week out of surgery, is the time to rest.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »
Hi Denise
I'm happy to hear you are doing well. As Jim, said right now it's time to get plenty of rest. You will start to adapt to the SSD and hopefully any other issues will begin to improve...that will just take time. But for now your "job" is to rest and take good care of yourself. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing!
Erin

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »
Glad to hear you are a postie now, Denise. Take care and take lots of naps.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

denisecarey

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 09:55:35 am »
Hi again

Been shopping 2day 4 some nice soft food mmmmm lovely. Good news is this morning i weighed and have lost nearly a stone woo hoo mayb this soft food is a good thing. I am finding it very difficult 2 watch tv or look at pc screen any1 else experience this, everything is not in focus if u know what i mean.

Had a very good nights sleep last night without all the bleeping in hopsital, also a lovely few hrs this afternoon.

c u all again 2morrow

Denise
age 36, live in UK
3.8cm AN diagnosed March 09
Retrosigmoid  3 Sept 09 at Heath hospital CARDIFF
debulked tumor facial nerve intact
headaches, balance issues and ssd

Vivian B.

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:03:10 pm »
Hi Denise,

I am glad you are doing o.k. and I am sorry I didn't catch your posts before your surgery. I wish you welll on your recovery.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

denisecarey

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
Hi every1

Have had a bad few days with headaches, if I was not in agony with headache was asleep.

Having staples removed 2morrow at 2 15 pm, will let u know how that goes.

ttfn

Denise
age 36, live in UK

Jim Scott

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »
Denise ~

Congratulations on your near-1 stone (14 U.S. pounds) weight loss.  Soft food apparently does have it's advantages.  :)   However, I'm sorry to learn of your post-op headaches and inability to focus.  I had that focusing problem too, but it resolved over the 5 days I was in hospital.  I truly hope you're feeling better and that the staple removal is uneventful.  Be sure to inform your physician of any issues you may have.  He may consider them 'routine' but he may also be able to prescribe some medication to help.  It's certainly worth mentioning.   We'll be looking for your update on Monday (9/14).

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 03:09:37 pm »
Hti Denise
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with headaches. I had the same issue post op. Be sure to talk to your Dr about them. They should be able to get you started on some medication to help. It seems that no one thing helps those of us with headaches but I was lucky and found some medication that helped mine pretty quickly. I hope that you have the same expirence. Keep us posted on how you are doing Denise and continue to get tons of rest-it seems like you have that covered though  ;D.

Erin
PS Jim thank you for the stone to lbs conversion....I was wondering about that!

denisecarey

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:56:08 am »
hi everyone

I haven been to docs today because of a leaky wound and have been put on antibiotics because of infection. Should stop leaking once antiibiotics kick in.

I am still very tired and getting alot of sleep and headaches are still a major problem. I have been eating food that isnt baby consistency, it takes a while and hurts my throat a little but am getting there.

ttfn

Denise
age 36, live in UK

Jim Scott

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 03:13:19 pm »
Denise ~

I was sorry to read about your incision infection.  Unfortunately, they are relatively common.  I trust the antibiotics will remedy that and your leak will subside, quickly.  Rest as necessary and eat what you can, when you can.  You'll improve and be able to do more as time goes on.  Thanks again for keeping your AN friends informed.  It's appreciated.  :)

Jim

denisecarey

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 11:55:54 am »
hi all

I am feeling great 2day infection cleared up quickly.

Wound looks alot better was very red and angry, now it is amazing (Brian took photos day staples where removed and yesterday if u r wondering how i know).

Hope every1 is ok.

Denise
age 36, live in UK

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »
Denise
My apologies for being late, but wanted to send the wellness wishes your way. Sorry to hear about the infection but sounds like you are now on the right road to wellness.

Hang in there.... speedy wellness wishes/hugglez to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 01:38:37 pm »
Denise ~

Thanks again for the positive news!  So pleased to learn that you're coming right along with your healing and recovery.  Keep up the good work!  :)

Jim

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:05 pm »
Denise .....

I have been away from the Forum for a couple of weeks.  Glad to learn your surgery is behind you.  Sorry you had the complications with headaches and wound infection.  Hopefully, both are better by now.  Be sure to take enough naps to allow your body to heal.

Keep us posted.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

denisecarey

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 03:45:37 pm »
hi all, been a while since last post, I am doing well. I got my haircut on monday, you can hardlly even notice that 6 weeks ago I had brain surgery my hair has grown back so well.

How are you all doing?

I go for my 3 month check on 2 dec 09, I dont know if i get an mri on that day I cant really remember what i was told on discharge but we shall see on the day.

Denise
age 36, live in UK