Author Topic: Re: Hello everyone  (Read 2554 times)

Nancy Pike

Re: Hello everyone
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:19:03 pm »
Hello All,

I am Nancy Pike, Newbie here !!
:)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:10 pm »
Hi, Nancy - and welcome ~

I'm sorry you have an AN but glad you discovered the ANA forums.   

Please tell us about yourself; your geographical location and whatever else you're comfortable sharing.  Where are you in your AN journey?  Newly diagnosed, preparing for treatment or post-treatment?  We're all in a similar situation here so you can be assured your among caring, supportive friends.  Please feel free to ask any question.  We're not doctors but we do have a lot of practical advice/suggestions to offer based on a collective wealth of experience dealing with an acoustic neuroma.  I look forward to reading your future posts.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

KBL

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »
Yes Nancy, welcome.  Please tell us more about yourself.  We hope you are well.  Sorry you had to join our exclusive little group.

Karen
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm