Author Topic: Humour from the dark side  (Read 1255 times)

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
Humour from the dark side
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:00:41 am »
Shortly after I came out of hospital I went into one of the chat rooms I often frequent. Some of the people in there I have actually met in real life. The first post was: 'All I can say is that's a big load of my mind' . They new I was back and with a wicked sense of humour. A few days later I went to have my evened up in shortness and said the same thing as I was leaving. Well the owner must have had a sense of humour failure because she thought I was being facetious. The girl that cut my hair couldn't control her laughter.

If you are wondering why I put a 'u' in humour it's because I'm English as in from England. ;D We even spell colour differently too ;D My wife Kay just told me to not put 'u's in my words so I said do spell you yo then   ;D

I quickly discovered the spell check implant to fill the whole that was left wasn't working properly and still isn't. ;D

One last note: LMSO = laughing my socks off where as lmao means you need to see a doctor and quickly.

Kit
Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Humour from the dark side
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:24:58 pm »
Kit:

Thanks for the dose of British humor (or humour). 

We have some Canadians as well as British subjects posting here.  Some of our British posters are still living in the Mother Country, so we're used to the 'British' manner of spelling, with it's 'extra' letters, quaint contractions ('whilst', 'in hospital' different names for objects ('petrol' for gasoline) and generally droll sense of humor, shared by many Americans (like Jan - 'leapyrtwins') posting on these message boards.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.