Author Topic: Facial Reanimation - Atlanta  (Read 8339 times)

marg

Re: Facial Reanimation - Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 04:33:27 pm »
I'm looking forward to hearing more from those of you doing the facial retraining.  I don't really have opportunity to do anything (go anywhere that is) about my synkenesis  problems until school gets out in June- so I'm hoping for more info . before then to help me make my decision about what to do from what I read here on the forum.
Thanks,
marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

SusanT

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 07:09:37 pm »
Cindy,
I had GK, but not in Atlanta. I did (and still do) have complications from the GK. Traveling the road of Rehab after GK has not been easy. I have also consulted with Dr. Steenerson. Gaye advised me to make an appt with him. He comes across as being a little aloof, but warms up and becomes more personable the more time that you spend with him. Friday is cowboy boot day in his office and he wears some awesome boots. I wish you the best as you research your treatment options.
Susan

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 09:10:21 am »
Hi Susan,

Thanks...I see Dr. Steenerson next week (I think - too many apptmts to keep up w/) know it's not on Friday though.  Too bad, would love to see Cowboy Day!

Hope you can find the help you need! 

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings