Author Topic: Lynn has new issues  (Read 2327 times)

hendi51

Lynn has new issues
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:56 am »
I know what is going on is minor to what some of you have but still we are dealing with them. Everything he eats is sweet, we know that can be worse. He is having double vision, one pic on top of the other in his right eye. That is opposite his AN side. He don't have much of an appetite but we are working on that. That may be due to him never having much of a sweet tooth and now everything is sweet. We see the neurosurgeon tomorrow and will discuss these issues but I just needed to vent today. Thanks for listening. Also it has only been 2 weeks today that he had translab surgery so we also know he is still recovering.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Lynn has new issues
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 01:35:59 pm »
It can be very frustrating dealing with these unexpected after-effects. Hopefully they will be very temporary. I think every issue can seem overwhelming when you are in the midst of it.

Perhaps on the grand scale, odd taste is minor, but having lived with for the last 13 months with inability to taste most sugars, it is a profound change to get used to...on that scale I would not call it minor. It can be unnerving at times.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

ilsemor

• 1.4mm, translab at House w/Dr. Slattery 7/6/09
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »
I had metallic taste for a couple of months and took zinc for a couple of months and it improved. 

I had my surgery almost two years ago and I have excessive salivation and when I floss my teeth I have a weird taste.  Remember we're all different. 

Good luck!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
Lynn is still very early in his recovery, and in my experience, both these issues are very normal and should go away on their own.

I had double-vision and metallic mouth post op, also.

My double-vision only lasted a few days, but the metallic mouth issue went on for months.

Tell him to hang in there,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways