Author Topic: GK treatment moved to June 30/2010  (Read 1972 times)

Vivian B.

GK treatment moved to June 30/2010
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I got a call today from the GK centre and they have moved the date to June 30/2010. Apparently they have an Emergency case they had to take. So, it's in 6 weeks rather than 4 weeks. Has anyone else had their date changed?

I will keep you posted.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

carter

Re: GK treatment moved to June 30/2010
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:27 am »
i can not match your 2 week delay but i had my CK postponed.

this is like comparing scars to see who has the biggest!!!

i showed up for day one of my treatment to find contradiction of the number of treatments.  in the end, the dr decided to go back to 5 treatments as we had originally discussed.   so i sat there - mind made and i was full of Valium.  my mind was twisted for the day.

i was scheduled to return Th next day.  so i showed for day 2 and the dr then said that she decided that she wanted me to see a neurologist before doing the treatments.  i was torqued!

i found another facility.

it was then delayed for approx 3 weeks.

at the time, my mind was twisted --- i had made my mind and set my course ... i was not happy and depressed.  i was PISSSSED!!!!! 

but you know what - some 15 months later ---- just a lession learned and a few days in my life.  it is now hard to even get worked up about it ...

a long way of saying --- go with it .... spend the time with the family and take care of yourself!

do well!
Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

Vivian B.

Re: GK treatment moved to June 30/2010
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:46 pm »
Hi Carter,

I can't believe what you went through, but I  am glad it all worked out at the end. Thanks for your reply.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.