Author Topic: Maybe I'm in trouble again.  (Read 6393 times)

moe

Re: Maybe I'm in trouble again.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 10:59:00 am »
Kenneth,
Hang in there while you wait for the news. Hopefully a quick fix.
I would imagine no heavy workouts either? :o
Make rest part of each day in some form or another, and don't do the guilt trip! Gotta get this under control.
Glad you got the part time work, too.
One day at a time,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:55 am »
Kenneth .....

I'm glad you were able to reduce your workload.  Regardless of the possibility of another CSF leak, just reducing outside work pressure should help your body to heal faster.  There is a huge range of time spans for recovery from either surgical removal of ANs or radiation treatment ..... no one can tell another person "You will be fine in 'X' weeks (months)."  As we tell everyone, listen to your own body.  This is not a time to be heroic and think you should be able to return to previous activities on a pre-determined time schedule.

Hopefully you will find out soon about the leak.

Clarice
Great advice Clarice in not being heroic I use to feel bad when I read so many others were doing great and couldn't figure out why I still could not get it together.. we are all different and yes we have to listen to our own bodies .

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 11:28:44 am »
Hoping it is just the work load of course we all have been there we had either surgery or radiation for a AN and some of us fear leaks, regrowth or another one we are only human how can we not think about this for some of us all the time and others once in a while.. Could you explain about the glucose and the cyst it has to do with the septum could cause something with your nose and that is why it is leaking and not a CSF ?? My nose has been constantly running since the surgery and was diagnosed with a deviated septum on the AN side and since the surgery so much pressure and leakage ... Wishing it is just a simple fix and not another CSF leak...

Hope your visit with the neurologist goes well.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

wcrimi

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 05:19:16 pm »
Kenneth,

How long after the surgery did you get your first CSF leak?
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

kenneth_k

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 01:33:23 pm »
1½ half year. Strange, seldom but not unrealistic. ;)